Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've gathered, drugs like risperidone and amisulpiride can be used at low doses to boost dopamine activity rather than block it. This accounts for claims that atypicals can benefit negative symptoms of schizophrenia (which I seem to suffer from) which can often be present in SA cases. They are not believed to induce tolerance or withdrawal either.

Has anyone tried this? I took 50mg amisulpiride once and got a pleasant dopamine boost, but my memory is destroyed these days so I need a second opinion before I see the psychs tomorrow. Leaning towards amisulpiride due to its "cleaner" profile on receptors and past experience.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've been on Solian 50mg for months 2 years ago, nice little stimulating dopamine boost. I got it prescribed with Lexapro. If used longterm it can cause permanent damage to the dopamine system even at this low doses. Would be interesting to combine it with eg. Wellbutrin, Selegiline or high dose venlafaxine.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only "little"? I have schizoid personality disorder and need something to potently raise my dopamine neurotransmission. I guess it's back to selegiline + PEA then.

Do you have any proof that the damage is long-term and happens at low doses? I thought EPS was dopamine receptor up-regulation after long-term blockade at high dose, and in terms of D2 blockade, 50mg is a negligible dose really (some schizos get 1200mg/day).

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I read it months ago, but forgot where, so don't take it as a fact. ;) But please don't expect 50mg Solian alone to be very potent, because they are not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.