Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
epril
I find myself attracted to posters sometimes because of their avatars. Ex. I think someone must be beautiful, or sexy, or sweet, or cool, simply because of their avatar. I know it's just a picture, but I still am drawn to certain people because of this one thing. When I just see a name I feel less of a connection. Is anyone else affected in this way??

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Oh yes,it's more about who you want them to be than who they truely are. I tend to read to much into-like they wouldn't have chosen this particular avatar if it didn't represent them in one way or another. It's sort of sad to make so much out of so little-but when you're starving for human contact I suppose it's inevitable.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes,it's more about who you want them to be than who they truely are. I tend to read to much into-like they wouldn't have chosen this particular avatar if it didn't represent them in one way or another. It's sort of sad to make so much out of so little-but when you're starving for human contact I suppose it's inevitable.
To tell you the truth I don't know how to choose avatars and clicked on the first one I could find!! It was in my teens browse pics so that is what I ended up with. But I'm thinking of putting something more me up, if I ever figure it out

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I've had an uncountable number of members here express to me that they found me attractive because of my avatar :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wouldn't know what to think if someone PMed me that my avatar pushed their buttons...:um

But some people choose very appealing ones. I'm personally more apt to respond to someone whose avi is not disgusting (i.e., blood, barf, some kind of nasty pic).

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I wouldn't know what to think if someone PMed me that my avatar pushed their buttons...:um

But some people choose very appealing ones. I'm personally more apt to respond to someone whose avi is not disgusting (i.e., blood, barf, some kind of nasty pic).
You're avatar is HOT! :duck

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
epril
I find myself attracted to posters sometimes because of their avatars. Ex. I think someone must be beautiful, or sexy, or sweet, or cool, simply because of their avatar. I know it's just a picture, but I still am drawn to certain people because of this one thing. When I just see a name I feel less of a connection. Is anyone else affected in this way??
Well, the only time I'm 'attracted' to an avatar is when there's a picture of an attractive girl in it~

I think avatars can be reflective of people's personalities, but not appearances. To me, anyway - I don't connect someone's avatar to their appearance. Unless it's a picture of themselves :lol

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I must admit,there is one on here (who shall not be named),that just drives me crazy. That's all I'm going to say about that!!

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Yeah. I have to say I picture people as their avatars even if I know it isn't them. It's weird. I just look at a thread and I'm like "Oh, awesome! The lobster posted in this thread!" (I don't know that there's anyone on this forum with a lobster avatar. It's just an example).

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
oh, really?
No, not really. PickleNose - I have no attraction to you because of your avatar, but it does make me want to do the Humpty Dance.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
How am I doing guys? :D
Adorable :)

I don't think I have much of an emotional reaction to people's avatars, but I do recognise people by them; for example, I think seeing Still Waters' avatar brings her to mind more clearly than just reading a name would.

I picked my heron because I like grey herons - they're very appealing. They're also solitary creatures.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts