Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's summer - that time of year where people have a tendency to change jobs. My co-worker has left the company and today was his farewell lunch with EVERYBODY in the department.

I sat next to a guy (not the one who left) who is known to be quiet, but not sure if he has SA or not. We chatted off and on through lunch as it was hard to hear with all of the background noise in the restaurant. I even got salsa on my shirt and laughed about it.

Anyway, that was the first part - I originally didn't want to go and almost couldn't remember where the group was going until I got to the restaurant.

The second part was when our manager (the guy and I shared what was the mailroom - I will be alone now) asked us if we wanted to go out to a bar. That part made me nervous, so I almost said no. I ended up going and had only a Diet Coke. The same quiet guy came and sat next to me.
This outing made me a little more nervous because it was a smaller group (five guys) and I talked more. I still have some small haunts about "what if I did something bad?" but I think everything went okay.

And the biggest triumph today....
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
:boogie :yay 3,000th post! :yay :boogie
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
It sounds like you did well. Keep up the good work. :banana AND

Congratulations on making 3000 posts. Thats alot of typing. ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
That's Great that u went. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
meggiehamilton said:
It sounds like you did well. Keep up the good work. :banana AND

Congratulations on making 3000 posts. Thats alot of typing. ;)
Thanks, Meggiehamilton! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts