Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a newbie on the forum. I am an atheist and I am desperate for some atheist friends. I feel really passionate about my godless beliefs and I wish I had someone to discuss it with. Do you all have atheist friends in the real world?

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
Hello, I'm a newbie on the forum. I am an atheist and I am desperate for some atheist friends. I feel really passionate about my godless beliefs and I wish I had someone to discuss it with. Do you all have atheist friends in the real world?
I don't personally know any religious people, never mind my friends. I'm sure there are some around, but they keep very quiet about it if they are.

I live in Europe though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sure I'm am atheist, and many of my friends are as well. I actually grew up going to a Catholic school, was baptized etc but around Grade 9 in high school I started to really question everything. Deduce my own thoughts about it and when I learned the history of churches etc that was when my world view came crashing down and I pretty much stopped believing in a god.

I think one of the best videos out there on youtube are the ones with Christopher Hitchens. He pretty much nails it on the head and explains his view in a way I can't articulate but completely agree with.

·
Banned
901 Posts
I identify with atheism / satanism but I don't really have any friends. Very small towns and SA kind of make that part harder than it should be :/

Also, are all of your friends Christians or something? I could see that being either good or bad, depending on how open minded they are.

·
Improving
401 Posts
I think most of my friends are atheist, some maybe agnostic like me and one being catholic.

I guess it does depend on how open minded they are with it, there are such different definitions to being religious but I can imagine it would be very difficult in certain circumstances.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't have friends, though most of my past friends were atheists and/or agnostic, or didn't really talk about religion much. My suggestion would be to check meetup .com and see if there's an atheist group in your area or maybe something like Center for Inquiry. If you're a student, there may be an atheist group on campus as well.

·
Hikikomori
48 Posts
I only have my brother. We share a very similar worldview. Other than that, I have no friends at all. Haven't had any in years.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The friends I used to have were all non religious. Even at school, and it was a CofE school.
I don't have any 'friends' right now, but I meet up with a guy from a local mental health charity. And he's a creationist XD. I guess you could call him the only friend I have right now, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. I live close to an atheist meet-up but I keep chickening out on meeting people. I went a few times and it felt like nobody really liked me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I identify with atheism / satanism but I don't really have any friends. Very small towns and SA kind of make that part harder than it should be :/

Also, are all of your friends Christians or something? I could see that being either good or bad, depending on how open minded they are.
Hail satanic warriors!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a proud atheist, with atheist friends. Unfortunately, these friends are nearly as passionate about their atheism as i am... My mom and step dad are "Baha'i" (anyone ever heard about it?) so uhh... yeah. I'm also new.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one totally atheist friend... We like talking about it kind of often because two of our friends are hardcore religious and we don't talk about those beliefs with them very much, or just in a light manner, deeefinitely not a debate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts