Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
At the age of 10... and if it weren't for finding the gifts in my mother's closet, I'd probably still believe. :\

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I don't remember ever believing and I can remember some things from when I was 3 years old, possibly slightly less. I did sort of believe in the easter bunny in kindergarten because they painted rabbit foot prints on the floors of the building leading to packages of candied eggs for us. However I picked up on the body language of the adults when talking about the subject and knew something wasn't right so that was probably the last year I believed in anything with any seriousness.

·
Don't text me, bro
788 Posts
4. My Mom called and told me over the phone.

·
anxious geek
1,315 Posts
Good question! 10. I know that's late. It's not like no one ever told me before that he wasn't real, I just really really wanted to believe he was real. In the end, disappointment :(

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Of course he exists. He just disguises himself to look exactly like my mom in case anyone sees him, and for some reason, he has exactly the same handwriting as my mom.

·
Nobody's Perfect
1,105 Posts
If you stop believing in him than you wont get any presents lol. I stopped believing when I was about 11 years old. I overheard some kids at my school saying they saw their dad putting the presents under the tree. I investigated and notice the same hand writing as my dads on the presents :)

·
Silent
346 Posts
8 or 9 I think.
I went sneaking around my parents room and found a toy piano that I later got at Christmas- but on the tag it said "From Santa". Ha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hard to remember exactly, somewhere between 7-9 maybe. I know that for a few years after I stopped believing I had to keep pretending to for my younger brother, lol, so the memory gets fuzzy.

For me I think it was just a slow realisation. When I was younger I don't think I quite had the basic laws of physics worked out yet. The older I got the less possible he seemed, lol, he just faded out between one christmas and another.

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
I don't remember what age I was exactly, but I remember that my grandma was the one who accidentally gave it away. I was at a family Christmas party, and my grandma said something about one of the gifts that Santa brought me. I asked her how she knew about it, since I hadn't mentioned it to her. She said Santa told her, and I realized she was just saying that to cover for the fact that he doesn't exist.

The funny thing is that I believed in all kinds of impossible things regarding Santa for years. I never once questioned what I was told about a man who lives on the north pole, drives a magical sleigh pulled by flying reindeer, and delivers presents to millions of houses all in one night. But for some reason the idea of him having a one on one conversation with my grandmother was completely unbelievable to me.

lol idk man. Kid logic, how does it work?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I don't really remember ever believing in Santa. My mother has told me that I was very skeptical and would ask all these questions about Santa at a very young age. I also accused her of lying several times before she finally caved in and told me that I was right.

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
I don't know if I ever did. My parents kind of killed the magic of Christmas by taking us to the store to make us pick out our own presents.

·
Registered
769 Posts
My older brother told me. 2nd grade so either 7 or 8.

My older son is 10 and just stopped believing a couple of months ago. My younger son is 7 and still believes.

·
Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT
1,006 Posts
I think possibly 8 was when I stopped really wondering. I remember one Christmas when I was like..10 maybe, I was in the car waiting for my Mom and I went through her pocketbook and found a receipt with a few presents that "santa" brought to me LOL.

·
Banned
877 Posts
I stopped when I was 4 years old, the exact same year I learned about him. The story held little credibility to me because I lived in an apartment, and did not have a chimney (his only way of getting to you). Thus, I concluded that it was a hoax, something adults used to keep kids well-behaved around the holidays.

I was never totally convinced he existed anyway; the story was just stupid to me, even at that age. Plus, it didn't help a thing to actually find presents under my tree, before it was even time for his "visit."

·
Permanently Manned!
2,894 Posts
I was about 8. I just asked my mam straight out (rumours had been flying round the school that santa wasnt the real deal) and she gave me a straight answer.

Thinking back now, i really shudda kept my mouth shut and knocked a few more years out of 'santa'. :)

·
Permanently Manned!
2,894 Posts
The Easter Bunny wrote me a note once, in my mom's handwriting. I don't know how old I was then.
Haha, i remember when i was 5, seeing my mother write a letter from the 'Tooth-fairy', she found it hard to talk her way out of that one :D

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I never did. My parents told me it was BS as soon as I was old enough to understand what they were saying. Consequently, I always knew that if I didn't get anything good for Christmas and my sister did, it was because my parents hated me.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Maybe at some point I did believe, but in my memory I can't remember when that was (i must have been really really little). I just remember always being skeptical of that concept even at a very very young age. I don't think I ever really quite bought it.

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Not sure what age it was, but I remember vividly the moment I noticed that Santa's handwriting was exactly the same as my mom's. Found it kind of sweet and soul-crushing at the same time.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts