Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that I can't be in a bar or a club for a long period of time. Its almost like my brain has some sort of timer that is programmed. It sucks the bag, at my friends birthday right now as I type. And all I can think about is home. Why is that people could party all night and laugh and dance all night but I'm struggling. Got this hot chick all up in my face but I can't do anything. This other hot chick just tap me on the shoulder and I'm stuck, can't pick myself up, can't respond, scared to death. What is this? Social anxiety is a beast.

·
Banned
733 Posts
I felt the same way when I went with my friends for a birthday celebration. I was uncomfortable the whole time. I tried to focus on the television screens which seems to help a little. The only thing I know for sure is that I won't be going to one of those places again. :no

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is this man, chick just asked me if I'm gay in front of all my friends. So what now, I got social anxietyand that just happened so now what right tthat's like the ultimate judgement right there. So how do I move on, how do I pick myself up? I don't have enough confidence to even look up. At this point I'm toast. I've lost all respect the women and my friends had for me in minutes. I'm sitting down in the bar as I type this. So wtf do I do at this point. I can see the look on peoples face, its a look if confusion, a look if surprise because they are not getting a "normal response". They are not getting a response nowhere near what they are used to. So that look of surprise and dissapointment is brutal. Its a killer, it feels like Ah **** I got figured out. Now I'm toast.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So now I'm figured out looking like I'm not enjoying myself. The chicks are thinking negative of me and My friend us thinking I'm not having a good time. Anybody else probably would have gotten laid tonight, not that I care but my friends were all like " yup he's getting laid tonight". What are you going to say? You have SA? Nobody gives, nobody even knows what this is.

·
Registered
802 Posts
So now I'm figured out looking like I'm not enjoying myself. The chicks are thinking negative of me and My friend us thinking I'm not having a good time. Anybody else probably would have gotten laid tonight, not that I care but my friends were all like " yup he's getting laid tonight". What are you going to say? You have SA? Nobody gives, nobody even knows what this is.
Ah man sorry to hear about that. Try therapy. But really try to expose yourself to more social situations SLOWLY. Starting at a bar is too intense. Try somewhere else and practice socializing. I know what you mean about the hot chicks. I been there plenty of times. They digging me and are showing interests but I completely blow it or give them the wrong signals because of SA. Darn.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx JRB, tonight was a struggle but tmr is another day. I'm in my room so I feel a sense of relief.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts