Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having extreme difficulty telling my mom about my SA. I decided over a year ago that I would finally ask her to help me get medication. However, I clearly still haven't managed to tell her. I've written letters, emails, brought up the subject multiple times, but abandoned all attempts at the last moment.

My family is pretty messed up- we have problems expressing emotions and we tend to be insecure and jealous of each other, meaning sharing things like this are really hard for me.

In addition, my grandmother suffers from a whole cocktail of psychological disorders, mainly that she is bipolar with paranoid tendencies. She is also extremely anxious (but not just SA like me). my mom grew up in hell with her, and my fam has a huge sensitivity about such illnesses. many times someone has made a snide comment that only thinly veils the fear they feel of being like her.

Anyways, I need to get help, but I can't find myself asking her. I've even talked (texted) my sister about it but it was akward at best and yeilded nothing. Please help me. There is no way I could go to the doctor without her dragging me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i don't know your whole situation...but since your grandmother is familiar with mental illness i feel that she would be the most understanding to your problem...my parents are totally against me taking meds but my grandmother is behind me all the way she and she feels that i need all the help i can get... i can definetly relate to your situation

·
Registered
30 Posts
dont forget your SA will be adding onto your opinions of each entity involved in the landscape, as soon as u have a positive opinion with SA it can be torn down, so maybe they are not as harmful to approach, although i understand how painful it is.

if i dont have my benzos, waking up next to my gf can almos send me into a panic attack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.