Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is this girl at my workplace who works on the same floor as me. I pass by her cube once or twice a day to get a drink or somethin...I fiind her pretty cute. I havent talked to her at all, just a couple passing glances and friendly smiles.

I was just thinking after I left work today that maybe I should try and ask her to lunch one day. I dont know if I wanna start dating a co-worker, but Id at least like to get to know this girl a little. If I were actually able to go up to her at her desk and introduce myself and all, I would be kinda worried about possible attention from others around her cube. The good thing about it is the department I believe she is in doesn't really work with the dept. I am in.

Has anyone asked out a co-worker before, as a date or not? If so, was he/she receptive to you? How did things go afterward?

· Registered
1,142 Posts
I used to think the same thing, but having seen it work out so well, I don't see any problem with office romance. I'm of the mindset now where a personal relationship is more important than work, even if my job is at risk.

I did actually go to lunch with a co-worker once. I thought it went ok, but she ended up marrying someone else at the company :|

(It was almost that fast, too.)

They're getting along great, as far as I know, and even have a young child now :)

-Ryan

· Registered
311 Posts
well before you ask her to lunch i'd try and get more comfortable with her in a casual way - like talking about something work related - or a current issue - ect. You have no idea if she has a b/f, if she's a lesbian, or anything. Chances are she would be more prone to rejecting lunch with someone she has not even made small talk with.

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.