Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is this girl at my workplace who works on the same floor as me. I pass by her cube once or twice a day to get a drink or somethin...I fiind her pretty cute. I havent talked to her at all, just a couple passing glances and friendly smiles.

I was just thinking after I left work today that maybe I should try and ask her to lunch one day. I dont know if I wanna start dating a co-worker, but Id at least like to get to know this girl a little. If I were actually able to go up to her at her desk and introduce myself and all, I would be kinda worried about possible attention from others around her cube. The good thing about it is the department I believe she is in doesn't really work with the dept. I am in.

Has anyone asked out a co-worker before, as a date or not? If so, was he/she receptive to you? How did things go afterward?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I used to think the same thing, but having seen it work out so well, I don't see any problem with office romance. I'm of the mindset now where a personal relationship is more important than work, even if my job is at risk.

I did actually go to lunch with a co-worker once. I thought it went ok, but she ended up marrying someone else at the company :|

(It was almost that fast, too.)

They're getting along great, as far as I know, and even have a young child now :)

-Ryan

·
Registered
311 Posts
well before you ask her to lunch i'd try and get more comfortable with her in a casual way - like talking about something work related - or a current issue - ect. You have no idea if she has a b/f, if she's a lesbian, or anything. Chances are she would be more prone to rejecting lunch with someone she has not even made small talk with.

Good Luck

·
Banned
145 Posts
Hey man...since you don't work with her, it might be tough, but try to casually get to know her and then casually ask her to join you at lunch. Don't make it a date or anything though - saves you $8 too :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts