Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow this forum is pretty active.

Hey! Lol, I'm Chinese. Chibi Maruko-chan just happens to be one of my fav. anime characters. I don't watch that many Animes actually. xP
Wanna talk on MSN?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Chinese American here :). I took my MSN off my profile after some...incidents with people apparently from this site, but I wouldn't mind chatting some time!

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
I think it would be interesting to one day have a thread about what it's like to be asian and suffer from SA since I think statistics show that asians are more likely to suffer from SA than any other race.
Culture has definitely had a say in my SA and it would be interesting to haer your stories as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yes I'm asian! like the above person mentioned, asians generally DO NOT PUT IMPORTANCE ON MENTAL DISORDERS! I don't even bother telling the majority of asians honestly, cept my "bestfriend" but only because she has mental disorders. sometimes i think my bf also belittes my SA & OCD as he just doesn't understand & says he has it too when I'm sure he doesnt !! I'm southeast Asian, if you want to be friends PM ME!

also, would you guys like to create a support group? "asians against SA" jk. a small online support group? i''m thinking of creating a group where we have weekly goals. and there seems to be good amount of asians, cus it'd be nice if we had a small group of 10 or less =)

·
Registered
889 Posts
also, would you guys like to create a support group? "asians against SA" jk. a small online support group? i''m thinking of creating a group where we have weekly goals. and there seems to be good amount of asians, cus it'd be nice if we had a small group of 10 or less =)
I've been thinking that an eGroup for Asian sufferers of SA would be a useful thing to have but I wasn't sure how much interest there would be in it. Seems like there is at least a little bit of interest.

I think there are definitely social and cultural aspects of SA that may be unique to Asians and can serve as grounds for discussion.

·
Registered
439 Posts
do it! do it! do it!

·
Registered
98 Posts
mm nice

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeah lets start one! take turns getting to know each other and then come up with a weekly goal program? i think having a small group is good because we won't break off into our own little groups and we can better develop closer relationships =D

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Might I suggest forming an eGroup? Should be just the thing for this type of discussion. There is a link at the top of the page. they can be as open or as private as you like.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I usually don't like calling attention to my asian-ness, but I would join that group, if only for a little while.
Same here, can't say I'm too proud to be an Asian male, but then again I'm not too proud of anything. I am comfortable being judged by other asians though, so that's why I'm being kind of open about it here.

mmm hmm... wait what is? :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
i am new here so i have no idea how to start an e-group on here !o-o

1 - 20 of 59 Posts