Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Iv been diagnoes with autism, and i am interested in learning more about it.
I thinnk that having autism like adhd or asberger syndrome (or how its spelled) can be very individual. To me, i dont "understand" social situations sometimes, i get it like afterwards but in the moment its like i dont know whats going on.

Well what i want is to know more about it so i was thinking that maybe there are some people here with Autism or other similair things that you want to talk about and tell me how it affects you, if it matters at all, please tell me all about it.

·
Patron St. of Mediocrity
3,188 Posts
I have Asperger's Syndrome, and it's hard for me to interpret people's intentions. I can't tell if someone is interested in me or is just being nice. I can't really interpret body launguage or flirting either.

I often have pretty long one sided monlouges about things that interest me, such as Pink Floyd or history. I can't understand when people get bored with me, or if they don't want to listen to me.I have a hard time making eye contact and bonding with people.

I have certain rituals that I go through. I do the same things at the same time on the same days. I usually get pretty frustrated when my rituals get broken.

Lastly, my mind goes blank a lot. I call them my blank spells. Like sometimes I won't notice if a traffic light is red, or if a timer goes off. My mind just wanders off when I start thinking about one of my interests.

So, I show most all the symptoms of Aspergers. But I just try to live life best I can

·
Banned
5,789 Posts
The more and more I think about it and the more and more people I speak to, the more and more I think I have Aspergers instead of SAD.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
I've been wondering whether I'm on the spectrum, I share alot of symptoms especially the social and concentration ones, but I can think abstractly and I'm horrible at memorizing numbers. I know I have SA though.

·
Aimless
710 Posts
I used to think that I had it, but not anymore. If I could just find something, anything, to focus on it would probably solve a lot of my problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts