Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom, who reads a lot about health, told me that Donald Rumsfeld was pushing through the FDA quickly because he used to work for that company.

I was just wondering how many of you boycot artifical sweetners. I have read that they are linked to many health problems. I also learned that Splenda chemically resembles DDT, an insecticide. Any opinions?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I dont know much about artificial sweetners. I know some health nut bodybuilders who swear by splenda though.

Sweetners like sweet n low contain sacrin which I know is very bad for you. I was under the impression splenda is a very healthy sugar substitute.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it was marketed as something healthy, but it really isn't, and has been linked to health problems. The label says "Made from sugar" but sugar wasn't used at all in the process.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know who to believe anymore

There is so much product propaganda on health stuff nowadays I don't know who to believe.......The government and companies say it's safe one minute dangerous the next,.......soon they will tell ya vegatables are bad for your health too :lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sucralose is the main ingredient and at this point there is only theory that it is dangerous. There have been no adequate long term studies done.

Might be wise to stop taking it just incase though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts