Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aromantic basically means someone who is not romantic and doesn't feel romantic feelings towards people. There is also the grey aromantic scale for people who aren't completely romantic and aren't completely aromantic either. I think I fall somewhere on this grey scale.

As some of you may know, I have a deep romantic obsession with Emma Watson, the only person who has ever made me feel this way. Yes, I realize that I never met her, but don't criticize this, please, it is the only thing that has kept me going for years.

As far as people in real life or potential people I could meet in real life, I have no desire to do something strongly romantic with them. I don't picture ever falling "in love" with someone I know in real life, I think it is pretty much impossible. I used to force myself to be infatuated with almost any female that paid attention to me, but I realize that I only did that out of desperation.

To me, a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship would just be a friendship with a lot of sex.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
If the right girl paid attention to you, I'm sure you would be romantic with her in a heartbeat. I'm pizzasexual btw.

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
I used to think I was aromantically asexual, I still don't know if it's true... I'm still trying to figure it out but yeah. I'm not a fan of all the labels to begin with, aslong as I know what I do and why I'm good.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the right girl paid attention to you, I'm sure you would be romantic with her in a heartbeat. I'm pizzasexual btw.
I'm just not sure if I believe in romance in real life. It all seems so phoney and fake to act romantic towards someone who you know will likely dump you in a few weeks to a couple of years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts