Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really sure what to do at the moment and I have to make a decision in the next couple days while there is still some time before the summer session starts. Maybe you can help with some opinions.

I can basically get into a program at the community college which I'm kind of interested in(out of all the ones they offer), but not really excited about because the jobs that people usually get is not something that I'm really estatic about doing.

My other option is to do an academic transfer program and then go into a four year university doing a major that I'm really interested in. The downside is that it's going to cost a small fortune and I don't know if I would be able to pay for all of it, or even want debt up to my eyeballs, so that might leave me holding off college.

So, I can either do the first one which will give me some specific job options at the end of it, which are decent, but none that I really want to do. Or, should I take a risk and do the second option, which will put me into something that I really want to do if I'm able to somehow pay for it, but if I'm not able to pay for it, then I'll be stuck with only a two year degree and no solid job career prospects.

What do you think I should choose?

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Go and talk to one of the university's financial aid people. Lay out everything on the line and get their opinion about whether or not the four-year university thing is financially doable. If you're unsure about the answers you get, go somewhere else and get a second opinion.

What do you think I should choose?
Whichever one you think you'd be most happy with.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips.

Well I thought it over some more and I think I'll just stick with option one. I figure I'm still going to get a two year degree and at least this way I'll some some options to go into career wise. If I decide that I want to upgrade my degree then I'll do that at a later time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts