Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must not panic must not panic must not panic must not panic must not panic must not panic must not panic must not panic must not panic must not panic

:um

Hopefully in a few weeks time I can stick something in the 'triumphs' section

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
Well first of all congratulations! Secondly there is no need to panic, just make sure you prepare yourself well, know the line of work you are applying for inside out and also make sure you learn as much as you can about the company you have applied for.

If you can prepare yourself properly you will find the interview substantially easier because you will be confident in your answers.

Good luck!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Job interviews are not that bad - they are kind of limited on what they can ask you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks people :) Yeah, I know they are not supposed to be that bad, but the type of work I am applying for = interview panel of 3 people, and lots of tricky case-based questions, e.g. "you have a client with XYZ disorder, how will you assess them and what is your management plan?" etc. So it'll be full on.

Ospi - yep, I plan to do LOTS of preparing. The thing I am concerned about is that I am not very good at working out what things to say unless they ask me the EXACT question I have prepared for, which is unlikely. I'll go "crap, that's different, I wasn't ready for that", and forget that I have all this knowledge I can apply. I have a bad habit of panicking when people ask me unexpected questions. Not a good thing. But yeah, I should be OK.

MonkeyMagic - yep I'll be going for it! I need a job! It came about because I have just graduated from uni and started applying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Aww, best of luck! I too was interviewed by a panel at my last job interview. I actually froze up in the middle of answering a question as I'm not good with coming up with responses on the spot. I made the excuse that it was my first ever job interview (which it actually was). I ended up getting the job anyway though! =)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww, best of luck! I too was interviewed by a panel at my last job interview. I actually froze up in the middle of answering a question as I'm not good with coming up with responses on the spot. I made the excuse that it was my first ever job interview (which it actually was). I ended up getting the job anyway though! =)
Yay! Go you!! :clap

·
Shift Happens
454 Posts
congrats. just remember it's also about figuring if it's the right job for you just as much as if you're the right person for them. I like to ask questions at the end if it would be a good fit for me and my career. Best of luck!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts