Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,012 Posts
I really liked the way they filmed the last scene of the latest episode (episode 3.) I'm wondering if it's available in 3D as well because seems like it would suit it. Kind of felt like it switched to video game mode.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,012 Posts
So anyway I think it's fairly safe to say now that the thing I wanted to happen will not and that the thing I didn't want to happen has.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,012 Posts
Episode 4 spoilers whatever nobody cares

1. Can't believe Ravonna killed Mobius (probably,) how dare you. Then she killed Loki and I was like u ****ing wot but I figured that probably wouldn't be permanent this early on which it isn't yet.

2. I really can't keep up with what's going on here. I figured eventually it could be revealed that Sylvie was Loki's daughter hence the surname in the credits etc. I guess that plot twist won't happen now though because of the possible selfcest direction which is pretty lol and appropriate I suppose for Loki, but I still think there's going to be some further twist.

3. Is Loki's genderfluidity ever going to come up or? They've theoretically introduced female Loki and they're just going to hook them up? And with far too little time. It's just too much relationship for a 6 episode series imo. Super rushed for both of them, neither seem to have the personality type to move at such a pace if that's what's happening.

Reactions: zonebox

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,706 Posts
I waited till later to watch this episode, yet again it has been another amazing one. Unfortunately, there are only two more left this season and I don't think we will uncover very much, but I do enjoy everything I've seen so far.

I'm going to take a wild shot here, and say that Loki is the result of Sylvia's dimension being reset. After it was reset, he took her place because that is how the the flow of time was supposed to move. In this way, he and she will be considered gender fluid as it was a matter of circumstance. The way gender occurs is pretty strange to begin with, the slightest of changes in the environment could be a factor - at least the last I read suggested the such. I'm a bit out of the loop. It will also provide a pretty good predicament, in which only one of them can exist near the ending of this series. Or they could both survive, but she can never have her life back.. I dunno. Perhaps in doing so they will merge, and become one, which would also make for an interesting story line.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,012 Posts
Tbh this is mostly how I feel. I have very mixed feelings about this direction, and go back and forth.

No but if they force Loki into a terribly rushed and uncomfortable relationship with the female version of himself directly after announcing he’s bi I will lose my ****ing mind
I don't care that it's selfcest either, Loki gave birth to a horse at least in mythology who cares if it's weird. I don't ship Mobius/Loki either. But what I'm stuck on the most is how it feels rushed and off to me, and I was pretty invested in some exploration of either character's gender fluidity. Now it looks like they've just vaguely, abstractly, symbolically nodded to it in the last episode with this part:

Plus a note on some file that's blink and you miss it. I did, only fans pointed it out online. It says sex: fluid but that's talking about sex anyway.

Agent of Asgard was probably better representation (comic.) I may be wrong but I don't think you'll get that in film/TV show for a while Disney loves queerbaiting. During the Star Wars film promotion they kept talking about how there would be multiple queer characters then in the end all you get is a tiny clip of two women kissing who weren't introduced at all at any point in the plot and that they can cut out for China or whoever. They've done the same thing with other films I didn't watch but am aware of like Beauty and the Beast.

So during the promotion of this series they talked a bunch about Loki's genderfluidity apparently but yeah I'll be surprised if it comes up. They did discuss the characters are bisexual though.

Now you have a female Loki character unless there's going to be another twist (I personally figured she'd end up being Enchantress but guess that was to throw people off.) And she's female, Loki is male and people keep comparing it to Reylo :/ people hated Reylo too I didn't really care neither character was supposed to be non-binary at least.

Anyway I'd prefer actually genderfluid Loki/Sylvie if you're going to hook them up tbh that's my bias. Or Sylvie could be female and Loki genderfluid. I'd say that's what fanfiction is for but that never works for me either. 🤣 Especially if you want femslash or femslash with genderfluid Loki or something close to that concept or just femslash in general. I went to find gifs/photos of Sylvie lol and tumblr is in between gifs and memes just intense debate about these two ships: Loki/Sylvie and Loki/Mobius with some rare Sylvie/Hunter B-15 stuff sprinkled in.

Just found this lol:

It's Complicated: Possible Reasons for the Lack of Femslash - Chapter 1 - centreoftheselights - No Fandom [Archive of Our Own]

Anyway what I and everyone is doing is annoying and I'd be perfectly fine/happier with no relationships and just a decent plot or whatever but as it continues to come up and the passive aggressive fanbase.

@zonebox I've read some inconsistent news stuff but then someone posted something from a writer on the show which pretty much confirms something. Your theory is interesting but I really don't think that's happening now based on what I read. I think I am pretty disappointed because it's cliché and there where many other directions they could have gone in but I wanted too much from it really and it is Disney.

Reactions: zonebox

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,012 Posts
Tbh I just found this amazing crack pairing that combines Loki and Wandavision spoilers for both:

Sylvie Laufeydottir/Agatha Harkness

'And I killed (?) Mobius too'

Sort of shipping it for irony + derailment.

I do hope Mobius comes back and gets his jetski though.

On the other hand MCU has a terrible track record for keeping people dead they're all coming back all the time. But it's the same thing in comics I guess.

I think Casey is going to turn out to be integral somehow.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,012 Posts
That was a pretty good episode (episode 5)

I really liked the inclusion of all the Loki's and the classic Loki parts were great. Going to miss Richard E. Grant's Loki tbh. Also really great visuals.

And you finally see that Loki from the trailer and it's interesting because I always assumed that would be the original MCU Loki when I saw the trailer and was annoyed somewhat by the aesthetic and how it seemed to imitate the Joker from the last Joker film but in the end that was his character and it was a really minor part of the world thing XD

Also just saw this because obviously:

i love how we all have collective nervousness every time loki and sylvie are onscreen together

in the distance i can hear all of us chanting “don’t kiss don’t kiss don’t kiss”
It's funny too because under different circumstances I think they have a pretty great heterosexual dynamic (most heterosexual dynamics in film/TV are annoying, Tbf this is also coming off the back of giving the new Roswell show a chance very recently and dear god if the acting isn't abysmal, the writing, the music, and Max and his obsessive feelings about Liz is the most annoying person imaginable. For real. I'm not sure if it's worse than Twilight but it's equally bad I think it's probably worse honestly especially when you consider the peculiarity of it being a sequel with adults but it still feels like the worst Young Adult CW romance thing ever because the CW is mostly for teenagers of course but they recently broke into the young adult market I heard when it adopted Supergirl from CBS and I assumed this would be targeting a similar demographic. It's not that there's no redeeming points to it, it's just that due to all the bad elements I'm up to episode 4 and it's consistently painful to watch.) So anyway super long bracket aside they're both interesting characters and their dynamic is interesting so would prob ship it and have never in the past cared about who ends up with who in cannon but I'm now really invested in my Ghost in the Shell esque headcannon and explorations of identity and frankly romantic and/or sexual overtones will destroy that because I'm almost certain Hollywood at this stage can't handle the complexity of balancing both. In a sense though I suppose that so many people ship it means they already failed at what I was looking for.

It's also kind of annoying that with 20+ Loki's she's the only female one and then they're going to push this when he could have hooked up with anyone in theory. At any time. There is a lot of misdirection/conflicting info on this floating around (like news articles with comments from the writer and director.) But I think they'll probably push it in that direction because it sells film/TV really and big budget entertainment stopped taking risks a long time ago.

Spoilers obviously. Not sure if I posted this in this thread before, I have posted it in other threads lol. Oh well.

Someone should merge these two into a single video:

I never did watch the Hollywood remake lol I should at some point I guess.

·
Self isolating from self
3,074 Posts
And that was a very "Twilight Zoneish" way to end the series (or at least the first season).

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,012 Posts

Mobius better get his jet ski eventually lol.

I guess I'll wait on season 2. First season was pretty entertaining but there's a bunch of stuff I'm disappointed with tbh.

'But I'm not you.'

OK.

Anyway at least Kang was cool.

lol I think we must have just finished watching it at a similar time.

I saw someone on tiktok say that Lady Loki shouldn’t be in the Loki show bc “love interests don’t fix people’s problems” and while I agree with the sentiment they seem to be missing one very essential fact about Lady Loki.
This aged poorly hahaha. They were right for the wrong reasons but they were right none the less (based on what we know so far anyway since this is a 12 episode season that they split into 2.)

let's see...

So these aren’t full theories, just ideas I had regarding what might happen in the finale

Loki is going to get a new hero costume. Wanda got one. Sam got one. It sort of makes sense if he did too.
nope lol. But that's probably mostly because this is one season they cut in two.

Tbh I'm more excited for Multiverse of Madness I think then season 2 of this, unless they surprise me. I mean it's not really obvious where it's going at all in terms of Loki.

·
alien monk
8,616 Posts
I watched it all even though it was pretty so-so. not been a lot of shows lately. I like owen Wilson but the other actors were a bit meh. the security woman was ok too - I mean the dark skinned foot soldier one. if it wasn't about Loki but an original character I think itd be an improvement to the show lol.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,012 Posts
I wanted more Casey tbh. Can't believe he only popped up in one episode. (Apparently he's credited as appearing in three but I don't really remember that think he was only significant in one.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The premise seems to be about a ton of Lokis. That intrigues me because Loki always causes mischief. Eventually I'll check this out although I have heard mixed things about it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts