Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,593 Posts
Surprisingly not yet but I might at some point. Well I have to check if something that almost certainly isn't going to be a plot twist happens and then if a second thing that almost certainly won't happen happens.

So I want to know if damn I googled and then ran lol 'major character twist'

so you're saying there's a chance?

I'll mention my less spoilery second interest and that's if Darcy Lewis and Loki ever have a scene together lol. I've been waiting since 2010 and it seemed hopeless but then she's a minor character in wandavision and that's the MCU so I'm back to 'so you're saying there's a chance?'

Edit: I see only the first episode is out too, I thought it was going to be one of those situations where they release all of them so now I'm not sure what to do.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,661 Posts
Yep, I'm really enjoying it so far.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,593 Posts
"You weren't born to be king Loki. You were born to cause pain and suffering and death that's how it is, that's how it was, that's how it will be. All so that others can achieve their best versions of themselves."

Ouch. That's kind of the tragedy of villains isn't it?

Sort of reminding me of Agent of Asgard.

·
alien monk
8,555 Posts
it was ok. I guess I would have liked it more if I was into the whole surrounding story thor thing. I think I watched some thor movie at some stage.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,593 Posts
"Let's say your salad is Asgard in this scenario"

"No it's not Asgard that's my lunch."

"It's a metaphor just hang in there."

"I want that Salad."

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,593 Posts
Surprisingly not yet but I might at some point. Well I have to check if something that almost certainly isn't going to be a plot twist happens and then if a second thing that almost certainly won't happen happens.

So I want to know if damn I googled and then ran lol 'major character twist'

so you're saying there's a chance?

I'll mention my less spoilery second interest and that's if Darcy Lewis and Loki ever have a scene together lol. I've been waiting since 2010 and it seemed hopeless but then she's a minor character in wandavision and that's the MCU so I'm back to 'so you're saying there's a chance?'

Edit: I see only the first episode is out too, I thought it was going to be one of those situations where they release all of them so now I'm not sure what to do.
Dude.

Spoiler's for second episode obviously:

Sophia Di Martino as lady Loki though.

If she ends up being some other character then

I mean which ever day I find out.
My day was not ruined. Although:

In the new Loki TV show they made him kind of look like Joaquin's Phoenix's Joker which is worse. I'm hoping Sophia Di Martino is going to be fem Loki but I'm not sure if she will especially as she randomly has blond hair. Probably Amora boo. There's this image though I don't think I can call it queerbait because it was technically leaked I think, not official promotional material and then in the trailer she doesn't pop up unless the distant black widow lookalike is her, but I'm already too invested in headcannon. Think a lot of fans hate that idea because they really like Tom Hiddleston lol.
If it somehow still ends up being Enchantress I'm not going to be amused. Also still low-key ( 🤣 ) miffed that she doesn't have black hair.

Yeah I feel like it's enchantress. :cautious: They better have some kind of tasertricks scene to compensate.

U wot m8 lol she's been speaking about this for years but actually listen to her plz.

WandaVision's Kat Dennings Wants Tom Hiddleston's Loki To Team Up With Darcy - The Direct

“I think it would be exciting for a few people on Tumblr. Do it for the Tumblr.”

Exactly also Persephone on SAS.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,144 Posts
I'm liking this one. It's kind of giving me the Umbrella Academy and Sorry to Bother You vibe so far. A good mix of everything, humor, satire, thrills.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,144 Posts
Reactions: Fever Dream

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
42,593 Posts
Haha I'm so sad but not knowing how this one plot point is going to go is actually bothering me I probably should have started watching the show when there were more episodes out. 🤣

spoilers for episode 2:

So now that they've teased the thing I was hoping would happen it could go that way but there's also a strong chance since it's only episode 2 and they've already done the reveal that there will be another twist and then it's likely that the female Loki character will end up being Enchantress imo.

I really don't want that to happen though because I think this could be a really interesting plotline about Loki kind of fighting/negotiating with part of himself and also an interesting metaphor of a genderfluid mind because you have parts of yourself that are in conflict. I dunno if it's done well it could be very interesting.

A while back I read a fanfic where Loki was having sex with a woman and he'd cloned himself in female form. I didn't like his characterisation/personality but the two were kind of competing with each other to be the one the female character liked best which is a much narrower/more specific context than this show but I thought it was very interesting and somewhat relatable. Like on the one hand you're a guy but on the other hand your female self has stuff to prove/wants things too.

It would be interesting to see that explored in a more neutral context, and I honestly don't think Enchantress being introduced as a villain is as interesting to me. But it is a Marvel film, so expecting something too deep is also idiotic. But also I mean Tom Hiddleston is great but it has been 10 years (OK not in their timeline but still,) and Loki is supposed to be a shapeshifter.

Hahaha when I write things like this I just imagine some guy somewhere reading it and becoming incredibly angry because 'OH MY GOD SJWS STOP' I'm not actually trying to do that it's just an unfortunate side effect that I'm infuriating to people.

Also I quite like this, it's better than some of the films already. Like Dark World for example was a terrible film. It's unfortunate that there are some pivotal moments in there that are important to later work including this series, especially with Loki because overall it's a terrible film lol.

I like the humour but sometimes I miss the tone of the first Thor film. After Whedon directed The Avengers and it was super popular I feel like they've adopted his sense of humour for every later film and now TV shows (maybe it's a coincidence though,) I do like it but I sometimes miss other stuff especially with certain characters.

But yeah anyway this seems better than I thought it was going to be based on the trailer so far.

·
SAS Member
2,031 Posts
I haven't watched any Marvel shows, but I'm interested in this one. He was my favorite character in the Marvel movies along with Rocket Raccoon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts