Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
No I have a sister 6 years older. We were not very close as kids but always loved each other just too much of an age difference. We get along very well now although I only see here 4-5 times a year.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yup!

I always think that maybe if I had a sibling I would of actually learned social skills and how to be more "normal".

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
Oh, it would be different. I seriously cannot even begin to imagine how my life would be without an older sister.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
No, I have older brother who is married with a child.

·
perpetually bland
1,604 Posts
I have one related sister and a bunch of half-siblings who are all older so I don't talk/relate to them much plus they live on the other side of the country.

I don't get along with my sister, anyway. Complete opposite plus she doesn't live with us either. So I'm practically like an only child.

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
Yes. There are good and bad points to both. I kinda wish I had an older brother or sister to confide in but then there'd be the added pressure of having to socialize with their boyfriend/girlfriend when they brought them home.

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
2 half sisters, although they've lived in the same home and I've known them my entire life so they're just plain ole sisters to me. One's 23, Berkeley grad and getting her credentials to teach Elementary school, other is 25, Whitter grad and a math+science teacher at a High School.

I also have what I call a "quarter sister" who is 10 years old. Technically, we're not at all blood related, since she's the daughter of one of my half sister's dad + his new wife. I get to see her twice a month.

I also have a couple little "sisters" whom I have never met, from my dad and his other wife. My mum says I'm not allowed to meet his family until I turn 18 (idk why, so lame). I've seen a couple photographs of them though. I think one time when I was littler my "sister" Mina (I think that's her name) gave me a beaded bracelet and a note via my dad for no apparent reason. I gave her a bracelet via my dad back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts