Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm with people I don't know or people I'm not very comfortable with, I completely clam up or won't say very much.

However, if I'm with my family (my parents, my boyfriend or my sister), I can chat their ears away. :blush
When I hang out with my sister, I blabber on and on and on, it's like I'm making up for being so quiet all the time! It's sometimes embarrassing when I realize I'm doing that. Do you do that too or are you quiet even with close family?

P.S. = My sister is very understanding of the whole SA thing. She suffers from depression and anxiety attacks herself (not from SA though, she is extremely extroverted) and has been taking anti-depressants for a couple years.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Yes. In fact, I was chatty for a good part of this past week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I am extremely chatty with my immediate family and I'm just about normal with some friends. I also sometimes can be chatty with a stranger if it's a one on one conversation, but that's because I get nervous and feel like I have to keep on talking.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ya, of course. When I'm with the Gf, I chat her face off. Sometimes I think she doesn't like it to much. She isn't exactly the chattiest. I totally tru to make up for being so quite and reserved most of the time, that when I'm with someone I know well and knows me well they get all this pent up verbalization and energy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, sometimes when I'm with close friends/family I'll complete take over the conversation. xD I actually have a lot to say but my SA blocks it most of the time.

·
Haters to the left.
No alarms and no surprises
2,733 Posts
Yeah, I'm VERY chatty/outgoing with family (mom, dad, and bro.) I feel like I can be "myself" around only them. When I'm around strangers and relatives I barely know, I clam up. It gets awkward at family reunions. :um

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm comfortable chatty when I'm around people I know well. I can actually carry on conversations.

I'm nervous chatty when I'm around people that make me uncomfortable. I sound lame during these instances.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
Just add booze and I won't shut the F up.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Not really. I've always been more of a listener, I love to hear other people's thoughts on things. But I do like to participate in a discussion if it interests me enough (which almost never happens).

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'll talk to my parents and people I feel really close to, but I wouldn't consider myself chatty. After awhile I just run out of things to say.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts