Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
football....football i meant. Thank GOD, John Madden back for another wonderful year of smart yet humorous comments.

best maddenism so far: "theyre in the old 4-4-4 defense" after Oakland flagged for 12 men on the field.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I'm sorry, but John Madden is the master of over-simplification. And he goes on forever about silly things like 6-legged turkeys (around Thanksgiving).

I do like his personality though.

By far the worst tandem in the league is Don Criquie and Steve Tasker. And for some reason, they always get assigned to cover the Bengals. Arghhh!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jnmcda0 said:
I'm sorry, but John Madden is the master of over-simplification. And he goes on forever about silly things like 6-legged turkeys (around Thanksgiving).

I do like his personality though.
The oversimplification (among other things) is what makes it so enjoyable. "When your throwing the ball well, completion percentage and touchdowns are gonna go up, while interceptions become rare" & "You'd rather gice the ball to the guy who gains 4 yards a carry than the guy who gains 1.5 a carry"
Thats why you need an Al Michaels or Pat Sumerall to balance things out with stuff like: facts,statistics, and rational thinking.

By far the worst tandem in the league is Don Criquie and Steve Tasker. And for some reason, they always get assigned to cover the Bengals. Arghhh![/quote] well, if you are the network, you want to put your worst guys on the game that the least amount of people will watch. :lol That was a cheapshot....but i like Washington, so....... i cant say much

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
instil said:
By far the worst tandem in the league is Don Criquie and Steve Tasker. And for some reason, they always get assigned to cover the Bengals. Arghhh!
Oh no, the worst crew is the Sunday night ESPN one with Joe Theisman and those two other guys I can't remember because they are so bad. Dr Z,an NFL writer for SI.com, agrees with me about this group when he rates the network broadcasters every year.

As for the best, I think Michales and Madden are good, but Joe Buck and Troy Aikman (no Chris Collinsworth this year for some reason) are the best by far. I may be a bit biased though, I am a long time Cowboys fan :lol

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/w ... nnouncers/

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jnmcda0 said:
Why would you expect anything but the worst for the Bengals?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wart said:
Jnmcda0 said:
Why would you expect anything but the worst for the Bengals?
exactly.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Kudos to ESPN on putting Stuart Scott on Monday night countdown. He's hilarious. But did anyone see the suit Michael Irving was weaering? It was by far the ugliest suit I have ever seen.

How about those 49ers? I think they might be for real.

Philly's offense sure looked sluggish last night.

The Raiders are definately a team to beat this year.

The Dolphins? Eeh---maybe.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I can't really comment on the Lions because I didn't get to see the game (I NEED directv), but the highlights seemed to indicate potential.

I am more itnerested to see how the Pack does without Jevon Walker. That's a huge loss, but Favre is a stud and can get it done--I don't care how old he is.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I think the Lions will be better because Joey Harrington will be better. Let's face it, he hasn't really lived up to his potential. But now that he has a serious threat to his starting job with the addition of Jeff Garcia, he will step up his game a little bit. Their confrence is so lousy they could be serious contenders for the division title.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thoughts after one week of play:

teams on the rise: raiders,falcons,chargers

teams on the decline: packers,vikings,titans,seahawks (whoops, i forgot the seahawks ALWAYS sucked)

teams that will remain consistently mediocre, yet are a threat to win any game: giants,ravens, rams,jaguars

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Explain your logic on that instil. Two of your teams on the 'rise' lost last week. If you base your rankings on week one, how could they be rising? Especially the Chargers. They played well, but I think the Cowboys would be a much better candidate for the rising.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kikachuck said:
Explain your logic on that instil. Two of your teams on the 'rise' lost last week. If you base your rankings on week one, how could they be rising? Especially the Chargers. They played well, but I think the Cowboys would be a much better candidate for the rising.
teams on the rise, i meant on the rise to being one of the top contenders in the league, say in the top 10. (chargers and falcons were already in the top 10, but i think they both have better teams this year than last year...raiders i feel will move up in rank a considerable amount from last year.

teams on the decline is like, in the past 2-3 years they have been 9-7,10-6 teams...but not this year. All three on my list made the playoffs last year,correct? ( i may be wrong) None will make the playofs this year

1 - 20 of 65 Posts