Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you on any kind of meds for your anxiety/depression? how does it feel? does it Work? any sideeffects?

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
My mood disorder and depression is much worse after using these chemicals. If I could go back in time, I'd change that decision and would keep seeking natural alternatives.

·
We all deserve something.
1,786 Posts
Nah they did nothing to help me, although I only ever tried one type of SSRI, but I thought they'd be some miracle drug for me, I don't think thats the case at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was on medication for depression when I was in my teens. I only remember the one that made me feel like a zombie and the one that made my emotions much shallower but helped me to cope for awhile.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Meds just numb you! That is all they accomplish! This is good if you are really in a dark place, and or suicidal, but should only be used as temporary solution IMO. Find the light within yourself. That is where true happiness lies! These meds will never cure you! Never!! And you will be told over and over again that you cannot be cured. Lies!

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,377 Posts
No, I kind of want to try some but I seem to be the only person on this forum whose doctor didn't prescribe them any and has to make do with fixing myself with some help from cbt -.- still based on most people's responses being they did nothing to negative it's probably not even worth it.

I'd probably benefit more from the fictional drug in limitless. Motivation = is it ever going to ****ing come back to a reasonable degree?

·
Registered
22 Posts
are you on any kind of meds for your anxiety/depression? how does it feel? does it Work? any sideeffects?
yes. i take the SSRI zoloft daily and have been on it for years. before going on it i talked to a psychiatrist instead of a regular doctor because a psychiatrist usually knows more about psyche meds, where regular doctors know some but not enough. i started on a very small dose and eventually worked my way up to 200mg a day. after a couple weeks of being on it i noticed almost no side effects except discontinuation syndrome when i tried going off it or forgot to take it for a couple days in a row. when you first take it you may feel dizziness. i get far less panic attacks when im on it. for me personally i have never felt suicidal. usually people who commit suicide on SSRIs are people who were suicidal to begin with. they cant really pin point it on SSRIs. there are too many other variables to consider. There are many different SSRIs and SNRIs. i dont like prozac or paxil but zoloft seems to work great. everyone is different though so sometimes you have to try a few before you find one that works right.

i take both benzos xanax or ativan(never at the same time) on real stressful days where i feel a lot of anxiety even on zoloft. usually from stressful days at work. i like ativan the best. it makes me feel great and i dont feel out of it to the point where i cant work. xanax makes me too sedated. i usually only take them at night when i cant sleep. normally a dr wont give you 2 benzos but when i switched to ativan i still had a lot of xanax left. i dont like throwing out medications because you never know when you will need it. prescriptions are also usually fine past the expiration date as long as it was kept out of the heat and light. you can usually safely take benzos with SSRIs but always ask your pharmacist first just in case. zoloft you can take safely with either. drugs.com is wrong.

if you ever had a substance abuse problem then benzos are not the way to go IMO. only if given by a doctor. i never thought it was a good idea to give drug addicts a prescription to anything abusable. they should have to get every dose directly from a dr IMO. thats why our streets in america are so full of people wanting to buy/sell pharmaceuticals illegally.

you can take benzos everyday but it is not very safe. imo it is best not to use more than a couple times a week. tolerance goes up very fast. i've never felt withdraw symptoms but some people say it's worse than alcohol. even with tolerance going up, some people say the anti anxiety property still works just as good. i think it's completely fine to take them for the rest of your life, just not everyday unless your doctor recommends.

·
Forever Young
816 Posts
the meds do help, yes.

ide be much worse off without them.

but they are far from miracle cure pills.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
No.

I do not have a chemical imbalance.

I only have reality.

I'm tired a lot. I'll sleep 8 or 9 hours, wake up, then sleep some more. That's about it. My life is one flat monotone shade of gray. I always wonder how people know they feel different. I've always felt the same...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts