Votes: 38 45.2%
  • No, Getting nowhere

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • No, Going backwards

Votes: 14 16.7%

Are you making progress against SA?

2K views 37 replies 36 participants last post by  bowlingpins 
#1 ·
How is the fight against social anxiety going?

#2 ·
I just started psychodynamic therapy, which might take a while. I'll probably join a group also.

Goal: be over it by December. (hah, we'll see...)

#5 ·
Nowhere at the moment, the meds aren't doing too much as far as I know, and i'm waiting for my therapy to begin.

#11 ·
I've made great strides with overcoming my anxiety. Can't tell whether it's just a matter of getting older or if it's the medications I'm on for bipolar disorder. Probably both.

#14 ·
Nowhere. I want to progress. But the fear is way too much.

#15 ·
i think a little bit cause i cut down on my internet gaming/chatting to zero the past few weeks where before i can game for hours a day. and i go outside more to stores/exercise/lift weights everyday. and i tried a little bit to contact old friends with limited success unfortunately.

#20 ·
I am making some progress, but not as much as I would like.

#23 ·
Yep, I'm making a lot of progress thanks to Albert Ellis's How to Make Yourself Happy and Remarkably Less Disturbable, Edmund Bourne's The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook, the support of my therapist, and various other sources. I think I'm going to make even more progress when I put even more effort into my exposure therapy, which is the key to recovery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.