Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Bye SAS
1,774 Posts
Yes, I'm insecure about what I say, how I say it, how other people will view it, how I look, what other people think of me, whether they see for me who I truly am... etc. etc.

I am always putting on an act, idn why but it's always an act with other people... :(

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
I guess you could say that.

I want too hard to impress and win people over, that when I don't get a reaction I desire to the things I've said, I'll feel depleted. So what happens a lot is I'll stay silent, because I can't figure out the "right" thing to say, that'll "win" people over (I, of course, use this in a very loose way though). I also seem to have unrealistic expectations. I outlined it a bit here:

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com...ing-your-expectations-is-a-good-thing-221696/

·
Banned
229 Posts
The biggest thing is how I look. I've never been confident in how I look so I never go out. If I am talking to someone I'm always afraid of saying something stupid or doing something stupid. I'm convinced that my first and only date failed because of this. I said something stupid and she wrote me off. Of course I don't know if that truly was the case. My greatest fear I guess is talking to someone new and then the second I leave the room or whatever the person immediately makes fun of everything I said or did. I'm paranoid that people do this to me and I'm also paranoid that they go around and tell other people of the stupid thing I did. It's bad.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I definately understand :)

i'm sure you have awesome hair though

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I get really weird about stuff, i think when people dont reply that its because they think im a looser, or paranoid that they will think im a looser, I ignore it 90% of the time but it certainly holds me back for talking to as much people as i would like too.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My looks. I am so damn ugly no matter how hard I try. And it's something people like to point out to me. I'd probably be fine and be able to accept it if I didn't constantly have people tell me I am ugly.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm insecure about how others feel about me. I always find myself questioning whether or not people like me, or can even stand being around me. I question whether or not people are putting up with me out of pity or genuine interest. I question people's motives for everything they do.

·
Banned
2,770 Posts
My boring life. I think that is what people are afraid of on here the most. That others will find out that you have no life. Fear of judgement from others.

·
Registered
536 Posts
My emotions are alien and I try to show very little of them, though some things people always seem to want to know about. I try to express something that's not quite a lie, but easier to understand and relate to that will attract less attention. Instead of saying I seem to lack x entirely I'll just say that I prioritized y over x because that's what I really want out of life, since people really do want y more than x sometimes. Voila, normal.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
the second I leave the room or whatever the person immediately makes fun of everything I said or did. I'm paranoid that people do this to me and I'm also paranoid that they go around and tell other people of the stupid thing I did. It's bad.
It's not paranoia. Lot's of people do this. Ridiculing and criticizing things people say when they're not around. I have to confess I'm guilty of this sort of thing. Me and my brother used to do this a lot about people we knew when we were much younger. We'd pretend we were those people and repeat the things they said in their voice.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Boring and mundane life.
No friends.
Don't go out ever.
No relationship experience.
Shy and quiet.
Very few interests.

Isn't insecurity that inhibits us from socializing anyway. We are insecure about looking insecure. Meta-insecurity if you will.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes.

1. I'm ashamed that I still live at home and have never been employed. That I have to depend on others. That I'm so lazy and unproductive. Self-sufficiency and independence are hugely important to me, so this is humiliating and it's hard to find any self-respect.

2. I've missed out on so much due to shyness and anxiety, and I'm afraid of people finding out just how hugely inexperienced I am and how much I haven't done and seen. The more I talk, the more they'll find out about me. They will probably realize how ignorant I am and find me boring.

3. I'm also worried about people finding out what an emotional mess I am. I don't want them to know about my SA or anything else, because it might make them not want to be around me. Especially romantically. There are genuine and completely understandable reasons not to want to get involved with someone as f-ed up as I am. Despite knowing that I don't have much to offer anyone, I still crave meaningful human contact as we all do, so I selfishly don't want them to know that.

Basically I'm afraid nobody would like me if they knew me very well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes, I'm insecure about what I say, how I say it, how other people will view it, how I look, what other people think of me, whether they see for me who I truly am... etc. etc.
pretty much this except I never had big problems with my looks. and i'm not good looking, just average. Does not bother me that much. More concerned about my personality.

·
Such is life
554 Posts
Yes. I think I say stupid things all the time and people will judge me.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

I am always putting on an act, idn why but it's always an act with other people... :(
All this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts