Votes: 65 48.1%
  • No, never

Votes: 24 17.8%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
GodlessVegan
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have personally never been bullied in my life but am interested to know if you guys have and why you think you're bullied.

The reason I think I'm NOT bullied is because of my height (6'3), so I'm pretty much taller than almost everyone.

·
Powering through.
1,799 Posts
Verbally, with some intimidation.

Later on in high school I was kind of adopted by bullies. They ragged on me for being thin, which was still a little demeaning, but the hostility wasn't really there. They were amused by my smallness and pretty much left it at that, which was weird because they were still pretty nasty to other classmates. I have mixed feelings about it because they were *******s but there was still kind of an ambiguous umbrella around me, as if it was decided I'd been spared. A sense that no one would seriously mess with me. I had this sense that nobody at the school would be amused if someone stronger harassed me.

I wonder if my social anxiety prevented escalated bullying. By not really showing responses when provoked, maybe it came across as stoicism or casual indifference. It would make sense that bullies would focus on people they can get a rise out of.

·
banana enthusiast
7,050 Posts
I was bullied in school, for several years. I got it physically and verbally. I recently found out where one of my old bullies works now, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with that information.

In university, I wouldn't say I was bullied, but my 'friends' would always tease me 'playfully'. Which would have been fine in small doses, but they sometimes would just keep ragging on me until they completely wore me down, and I didn't see them doing this to any others. People like me are the world's punching bag.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am short, and was really short back in school. Never had any trouble I got along with everyone, but there was one kid, one time. Thing is he was just as short but had probably 50 lbs on me. In the bathrooms one day he decided to try to give me a swirly. It ended with me slamming his head into the wall and walking out of the bathroom and that was that :)

·
Quag filante
8,709 Posts
I was bullied in 2nd and 3rd grade by the same guy. He would cuss at me and call me mean names. A few times before, he put crayons down my pants. :blank And one time, he pinched me. I remember when I went to go use the bathroom and left my lunchbox outside that I got for Christmas. It was brand new and he messed it up! :mumI don't even think he got in trouble for it. He threatened me one time that if I told the teacher on him, he would kick me or something. I don't remember. Everyone took his side. No one believed me. Not even my friends! So, I guess they weren't friends. It doesn't seem fair. But oh well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was bullied when I was in school. I was a very shy kid. But somehow ended up in the so-called popular group in 5th grade..came from a small town..ended up having a party at my house with the group and another girl I was friends with-the girls in the so-called popular group wanted to throw eggs outside at the girl and I stuck up for her saying we shouldn't!..well after that I WAS THE LOSER according to them...I was picked on pretty much 5th and 6th grade..Would come home crying..teachers wouldn't do anything back then...if someone picked on you you had to deal with it..but being so shy it was difficult...I feel this has affected me throughout my life ...I have a very difficult time in groups of people...wondering what people think of me...don't want to be judged...BUT life is a learning experience I feel...this is MY path in life and I am learning to NOT GIVE A CRAP what others think! :boogie

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
I got bullied by kids. Then I got bullied by teachers. Then I got bullied by school administrators. I wanted to go to another school but I couldn't. I should have dropped out and gotten a GED.

·
is trying.
714 Posts
I was called names, treated like furniture, and shoved. I was small and strange and easy to pick on.

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
I use to be bullied a lot in Public School.
Nobody hardly bothers me now. I'm surprised cause I'm the biggest that I've ever been weight wise & I'm still my awkward, quirky & quiet self. I guess most kids in school are just bored & immature though.

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
As an adult I have. It appears to be because they thought they could get away with it and I didn't come down hard at the first sign of disrespect. In earlier adulthood it was because I didn't recognise it as bullying and blamed myself.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Most of the bullying consisted of the nonphysical type. Spreading rumors about me and my family, treating me like a second class citizen, saying embarrassing things about me in front of everyone. People back home are scum of the earth. It ended up carrying into my adulthood. My last job didn't work out well due to one gal that lived in the same village I did got threatened that I got a degree in the field she was working in. She was friends with my supervisor. So pretty much my relationship with my supervisor took a turn to the worse. I am sure she told my supervisor a bunch of untruths about me. After that my supervisor wrote me up for every little thing and would constatly call me on the carpet. I was good with the consumers, but she didn't want me there anymore. I would of got fired eventually. Luckily, I found a job in another state so I could get away from those scummy people. I will never forgive any of them what they did to me. It made me develop a bad self esteem, anxiety, and depression. They can all rot in hell.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
From 6-8th grade it was pretty intense and consistent. By High School, it stopped though.

·
avast ye landlubbers
2,055 Posts
Yes. This is a good portion of why I'm here. When my family moved to the States I landed in a crappy little inner-city school where I was the only one speaking my language, and in the beginning not a word of English. I came from a curriculum that was years ahead of the American one, so once I understood what the tests were asking, got straight As and it resulted in some resentment. There were some other aggravating factors.

I have fond memories of being in six-on-one fights and seeing adults come out of their houses to stand and watch.
It went on for five or six years.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts