Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Not really. I find enjoyment in doing many of my hobbies. Usually, I'm not motvated enough to go out and do them though. Sometimes, I wonder if I would be happier if I tried to block my loneliness and focused more on the other things that make me happy. If I'm not willing to take the risks to end my loneliness, obsessing about my loneliness will only cause more pain/depression.

·
Banned
728 Posts
not at all. And its hard to change tings.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sometimes. I also get enjoyment out of my hobbies, and they are mostly solitary activities (reading a book, doing art, writing, etc).

Being lonely is the hardest part, though. It doesn't just go away. I have one friend that I get together with (which I feel really lucky about), but it's still not really enough if that makes sense. It's like there's this constant tug of war... I have more 'fun' staying at home doing my own thing, but I feel more lonely at the same time. Going out means taking a risk. It's still something we should try to do though, because it's hard to feel happy if you don't have people to share your hopes and thoughts with. My hobbies become more like escapes and distractions if no one is around to, well, care about what I do, and so I guess it's kind of an empty happiness.

Ah, that was a little depresssing, I'm sorry. I hope you feel happier soon, however you can.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahhaha!

NO.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Im ok but not happy. I dont think i'll ever be truly happy until i beat SA, I'd turn down £1,000,000 right now if i could be free of SA, without thought.

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
I'd probably trade all my OCD and SA for HIV to be honest.

Well, in all honesty it would seem like a good trade. Unfortunately :p

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I honestly don't know anymore. It's been so long since I've felt what it's like to be normal, I'm assuming that I also can't remember what it feels like to be truly happy either :sigh

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I think I'm doing alright. I'm not thrilled with my life, but in general it has gone pretty well.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Well, I'm not particularly happy...nor am I sad. I'm moderately neato ;)

Ok, I have to watch that George Carlin skit after reading this thread...lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think it's a bit of the human condition though to be dissatisfied, always seeking to fill the void. How many other people are truly happy all the time? Even people who look like they have it all aren't necessarily happy; sometimes they're even more unhappy than the rest of us. People who seem very sociable are sometimes very lonely because they don't have close relationships just tons of superficial ones. Some days I'm happy, and others I'm not, but not every aspect of my life is affected by SA every moment. It's more my frame of mind I think, whether I'm choosing to be grateful for what is good in my life, or choosing to dwell on what I don't have and can't do, etc. Loneliness is a common condition of the society we live in, not just for people with SA.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts