Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
bipolar
17,238 Posts
I'm actually not very good at it - when I genuinely need to apologise to someone. I think it's almost like how I feel about conflict, or disagreeing with someone. I find it quite difficult.

Of course if it's something unimportant then I'll say sorry all the time - we do that here for everything. Like if someone stands on your toe on the tram we always assume it's our fault and apologise. It's a cultural thing - we're pretty much sorry all the time. :um

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
I tend to apologize too much. :/

·
Super Moderator
34,912 Posts
Ummm. No. I frequently do regret things but I'm not that good at apologizing. Not that it stops me from trying but I've pretty much given up on always apologizing for being crazy at this point.

4,063 Posts
Yes. It's easy.

It's a shame that some people cannot apologize because they can't face themselves and what they did, or just don't care though. Some people have to be a victim as well, so there mind will create false memories to protect their fragile self, because they cannot take any criticism or criticize themselves.

I'm still torn to bits because "she" has never apologized to me for what she's done. She either can't face it, her mind has created false memories where she is the victim (possible projection) and I'm the enemy, or she just doesn't care.

I'm someone who feels guilt and genuine remorse and wants to fix things, but some are the complete opposite and it's infuriating.

·
Cooked.
9,263 Posts
No, it's hard. I find myself getting into the habit of assuming the act of apologize will absolve me of whatever I did wrong and I expect a positive reaction from the person I'm apologizing to.

In reality, an apology is supposed to be recognition and ownership of a fault of yours and the person doesn't owe you forgiveness.

That being said, I don't really think I do much that I need to apologize for.

It's also easier to apologize to certain people and not others.

·
Banned
12,867 Posts
Nah sorry if this offends anyone, but I'm never wrong : /

4,063 Posts
I just don't find it hard to admit my faults and if I did hurt anyone, I would feel guilty so would be forced to apologize. I can't stand arguing and falling out with people, and hate not being able to discuss things and just move on asap.

I only ever have petty fallouts which last five minutes with my folks though because I have f all to do with anyone else. I just don't get close to people to fall out, and haven't done in years apart from one person.

It's just completely natural for me to apologize and will admit things, and I could never be any other way. If I did wrong, I'd own up to it.

The hardest thing is not getting an apology you deserve and just being deprived of talking things out to someone you're close to. It's ****ing torture.

·
Super Moderator
8,736 Posts
I am horrible at apologizing. I guess it's mostly stem from having apologizing to my mom whenever she gets angry and whenever we did, she usually gives us a cold shoulder or says something that makes us feel worse for us apologizing. Like her way of telling us she rejects our apology. So this makes me receive constant negative reinforcements for apologizing which end up making me a bad apologizer later in life. Due to the fear of rejection. I am much better at apologizing now though, but only to certain people. With my mom and with certain other people, I still have a hard time apologizing or cooling things with them after an argument.

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
any speech with more syllables demanded

NEVER: I .. YOU!

it!!!

this .. That
Hell Oh
thanks, thanks
sorrryyy, sorryy...
it ANNND & it plus more it...
WE AND or US or WEEEE!!!