Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Are you going to the seaside this summer?

1K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  LydeaCharlotteGirl 
#1 ·
This question is not meant for those who live by the seaside/ocean all the year round because it would be no issue for them at all.
In my country it is quite common to go to the seaside in summer. At least for a few days. I don't think it has a deeply beneficial effect on health but just a way of changing your surroundings for some time and having fun. So most of the people decided in favor of this. What about you?

#2 ·
Well... I would so like to go to the seaside!
Wasn't there for 3 years or so now. Although it's only around 200km away... =(

Alone is no fun. But then I'll have cycling this summer and I'l have my share of seaside, watching anime characters having great time at the most epic sand beaches....

#3 ·
I also live a couple of hours away from the seaside and I haven't been there for several years.

#5 ·
No.

I have only been once to the seaside, last year, and I haven't enjoyed it that much. Yes, it was a small getaway, something new, got to see the sea(something to check on my small to do list), but I hate the heat, getting tanned and big crowds. I also can't swim. Moreover, after 2-3 days, I was already looking more like a fried sausage or a roasted chicken than a human. I get a tan just by walking around for 10-15 minutes/day. I don't need to bask in the sun unless I am asking for sunburn.

There are some health benefits from being in the sea breeze. This is a very small article about it, although not well documented.
http://paulhaider.wordpress.com/2012/05/10/health-benefits-of-sea-breeze-or-salt-air/

I would prefer a colder place for summer time. Maybe some place in the mountains.

#9 ·
It's a bit surprising you can't swim because your star sign is the one of water unless I am wrong? But I can't swim either. What I like about the sea is the view of it, especially in the sunset, the soft sand on the shore, the gentle sea breeze, and the warm, salty, humid air.

Crowds of people can be annoying, in particular, if there are drunk and noisy people or the ones smoking.

The ability to get sunburned depends on the type of skin. The people with a bit darker skin easily get tanned while the individuals with very white skin are more prone to get sunburned and their skin gets pink in the sunshine.
In the hours when the sunshine is the most intense it is perhaps better to avoid staying in the sun for a long time.

By the way, welcome back, Vlad! :) I haven't seen you here for a long time.

#8 ·
Yeah I'm going to Cornwall for a while and will be by the sea for a while then. I'll probably go to some nearer places at some point as well. I live near the sea in the sense that I live in England, but fairly far for England. My county is double landlocked. I really like the sea even though I don't get to see it often. I find being on boats in the middle of the sea boring though (if you can't see any land.)

#10 ·
If you can't see any land it might be frightening and exciting. I remember a few times I was on the ship. The waves were high and it was swinging horribly. Some people got sick.

#11 ·
Well I'm not seaside, but lakeside with my parents and kids. Day3 of vacation & so far so good, everyone's having really good time & no fighting (yet). Swimming, fishing, volleyball, movies, games for the kids, awesome sunsets on the lake. Much needed break for everyone.

#15 ·
sob story here.

I was never taken to the seaside and I have never been .....and EVERY child is taken there and builds a sandcastle. I was never given that chance......I have never built a sand castle at the beach.... I have NEVER EVEN seen the sea.

i cannot quite believe how deprived a childhood that is......and it looks like my adult life will continue on the same vain......no matter what effort I make. it is quite upsetting

#16 ·
Closest thing to seaside in my area are the Great Lakes. Tons of shoreline and the beaches are really great in a lot of areas. I live by Lake Huron and will probably take my girlfriend to see some of the things on Lake Michigan. Doubt I'll make it to Lake Superior this year. Wish I lived by an actual ocean or sea though. Lots of shore life to see and the fishing is still new and interesting to me. Never know what I might catch whereas freshwater fishing has become predictable to me.

#17 ·
Yeah Ive been to the seaside two weeks ago. I love just chillin in the water and waiting for a big wave to come. I think im going to again next month in florida, possibly bring my dog too so itll be fun. I just hate afterwards there's always grains of sand in your hair or in your swimsuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.