• No

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Partially and planning to be fully vaccinated soon

Votes: 6 18.8%
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
I recovered quite nicely from the first wave I got infected by, but there hasn't been nothing to worry about other than mainstream media propaganda.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm scared of needles and keep hearing stories about people who had adverse effects. I'm not against vaccines, I just believe I'm healthy and still relatively young enough for the vaccine to not be a pressing issue.

·
Super Moderator
34,268 Posts
I'm scared of needles and keep hearing stories about people who had adverse effects. I'm not against vaccines, I just believe I'm healthy and still relatively young enough for the vaccine to not be a pressing issue.
I kind of have all the same stuff going on with me except I do feel like I should get it. It's just a friggin weird situation to be in and I never really thought I'd have to make such a bizarre choice.

·
Registered
323 Posts
No because I don’t know how to get vaccinated. Just like how I didn’t do my taxes because I don’t know how.

I really need to grow up

·
experimental sincerity
1,369 Posts
I've had one shot of Moderna, no side effects other than some soreness. Second vaccination booked for end of August.

I'm scared of needles and keep hearing stories about people who had adverse effects.
I feel you - I also have a needle phobia. I don't know if you want reassurances but my experience has been very good, I informed them of my phobia and that I would need to lie down (I get a vasovagal reaction after any encounters with needles). They took me to a separate room with a bed and the nurse spoke to me for 10 minutes and pretty much held my hand through it all. The needle was thin and injection painless, I actually didn't even realize it was finished. My partner, who had a vaccination elsewhere and also has a needle phobia, found himself reassured by three people, and said that his injection was completely painless as well.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,904 Posts
Not yet. I'm a little concerned about the side effects. A couple people I know had migraines for about a week after getting it. Just not really wanting a hellish week at work if I was to get bad sides like that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ive been fully vaccinated since February. I live in a nursing home for mentally Ill people in Chicago and nursing homes got theirs early. You should get vaccinated to protect others not just yourself

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Absolutely. I've been fully vaccinated since early April; I got in so early because of my BMI. Pfizer two-dose; first shot only gave me a sore arm, the second caused a sore arm and serious fatigue.

I'm still ultra-careful though. The vaccine is only ~90% effective and I don't trust people to actually wear a mask if they're not vaccinated. Seems like the ones who won't get the vaccine are the same ones who had to have their arm twisted to wear a mask in the first place. Plus the new Delta variant is beginning to spread here, with rising case counts for the past several days. People act like the pandemic is over; I think they're in for a rude awakening when the third wave hits.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The needle was thin and injection painless, I actually didn't even realize it was finished
It sounds like you had a good experience which is reassuring. If the injection ever becomes mandatory I'll get it done especially as I work in schools and I know there were stories circulating about 'no jab, no job'.

I test twice a week even when I'm symptomless but I hate feeling pressured to do something that I personally feel is not necessary.

·
SUS Member
10,813 Posts
As a person with both social anxiety and health anxiety, I gotta tell ya, navigating one of those big vaccination clinics is a real nightmare.

But I did finally get my first shot today (Pfizer). Took forever for the govt to roll it out, then weeks to get my access code to book my appointment, and then another week for them to fix their booking program, and then a couple more weeks before an opening was available, and then they were an hour behind schedule when I got there today, so it was about 2 hours before I finally got out of there and got home.

The needle didn't really hurt, but I got lightheaded about 10 minutes later. Probably just my anxiety, though, because I was borderline hyperventilating the whole time.

·
Permanently An Idiot
2,269 Posts
First one in April (AZ). Felt completely fine for about 12 hours, then had chills. Next day woke up, brushed my teeth, started to feel faint. Reached my bedroom doorway and my legs collapsed under me. After that it was just general fatigue, I stayed in bed for a couple days, slept as much as I could. Got my next one on Tuesday and I'm hoping I can get the Pfizer instead.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
I was vaccinated back in February with Moderna.

·
Super Moderator
34,268 Posts
Not yet. I'm a little concerned about the side effects. A couple people I know had migraines for about a week after getting it. Just not really wanting a hellish week at work if I was to get bad sides like that.
I am actually prone to headaches (and always have been). And I mean seriously prone to bad ones that last for days. Has been six days and the only headache I've had was yesterday. I had a slight one when I woke up but it was very likely one of my normal headaches because I slept a long time (which I almost always get headaches if I sleep a long time and always have).

No other side effects that I know of other than the arm soreness for a day or two. Nothing. Not the sniffles, fatigue, fever, chills. Nothing.

I am kind of thinking that some of the people who are getting side effects might be experiencing psychogenic effects because (frankly) it is scary. I held off on getting mine because of the whole "what if?" thing and finally I just said "Eff it. I'm getting it over with and if anything bad happens, it happens".

I'm a little nervous about the second one and am annoyed at the thought they might be pestering me forever to get boosters but oh well.

·
Barbells and kittens
3,904 Posts
I am actually prone to headaches (and always have been). And I mean seriously prone to bad ones that last for days. Has been six days and the only headache I've had was yesterday. I had a slight one when I woke up but it was very likely one of my normal headaches because I slept a long time (which I almost always get headaches if I sleep a long time and always have).

No other side effects that I know of other than the arm soreness for a day or two. Nothing. Not the sniffles, fatigue, fever, chills. Nothing.

I am kind of thinking that some of the people who are getting side effects might be experiencing psychogenic effects because (frankly) it is scary. I held off on getting mine because of the whole "what if?" thing and finally I just said "Eff it. I'm getting it over with and if anything bad happens, it happens".

I'm a little nervous about the second one and am annoyed at the thought they might be pestering me forever to get boosters but oh well.
I'm pretty prone to headaches, too. Sleeping too much or not enough, not eating or drinking enough, caffeine for several days in a row and then no caffeine, etc.

They just announced a vaccine lottery here where there will be prizes of 100k to a million plus some 150k scholarships. I guess you automatically get registered when you get any of the vaccines.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts