Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Partially and planning to be fully vaccinated soon

Votes: 6 18.8%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Failure's Art
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been fully vaccinated since late May. I scheduled my first shot pretty much as soon as it became available to the general public in my state. I got the Pfizer shot which I was happy with because it seems to be the most effective one with the fewest side effects. I didn't experience any side effects except for soreness in my arm and feeling a bit rundown on the day after the shots.

·
Super Moderator
34,272 Posts
I've been meaning to do it but I keep putting it off. There's also the matter of my mother probably wigging out if she knows I'm going to do it. My dad and I want to do it at the same time and she's definitely going to wig out if he does it.

·
SAS Member
796 Posts
Yes. I got my second Pfizer shot almost a month ago. I booked my first one as soon as I was eligible.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,023 Posts
I got my first vaccine last Tuesday, they've been rolling it out gradually here. I didn't have a choice over the shot so it was moderna, which wasn't my first choice and it's only been introduced here recently, but oh well.

Edit: Forgot to mention but didn't have any side effects with the first injection besides arm pain for about 48 hours~ made it very difficult to sleep the first night and painful trying to change clothes or move that arm much, but it didn't last that long so not too bad.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
No, in fact I hope I contract the damn thing and it sends me to the void. I'm not old but from what I've heard, I'm one of those more at risk otherwise.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I got the second Moderna shot 1st of June. The sore shoulder seemed to set in earlier than the first shot and then for about 20 hours I felt muscle/joint aches like I had a fever, I don't know if I did have a fever I never checked. I suppose I could have taken Tylenol or something to feel better. I didn't experience that at all with the first shot. It felt weird to me like when I would get a strep throat but without the sore throat.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,023 Posts
I've never had a fever before either I don't think, I figured it would be obvious if you had one though but now I'm wondering if I'll know if I get one lol. I'm getting my second shot in later August hopefully the weather isn't going to be too hot and I can get home before symptoms set in as I will be walking about half an hour (including up a bunch of hills.)

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,706 Posts
I also received the Pfizer vaccination, it really was not that bad. I'm currently fully vaccinated against the modern strain of covid 19. The only potential side effect that was temporary, that I had experienced was tinnitus - but that could have been due to other factors at the time. I also experienced a sore arm, but that is more likely due to the needle being jabbed into my arm than the vaccination itself.

No super powers yet though, I have not become magneto, and I still have to carry my keys in my pocket.. I had been hoping I could just attach them anywhere, and go on about my day but nah, they just slide off. My 4g has not improved, but perhaps it only works with 5g, I dunno.

All kidding aside, my wife had the second dose as well and experienced more severe side effects that kept her feeling sick for nearly a week and off for some time after that. Both of my daughters had it as well, one had a fever for two days the other did not experience any side effects. We all had a sore arm though.

Both of my parents in their 70s had the vaccine before us, my mother felt sleepy and my father was fine. I don't think any of my brothers have had it, I don't think they trust it very much. One of my older brothers was telling my mother that he felt unsafe around it.

My extended family has received shots as well, my brother in law, his wife, and his daughter. I did not hear any side effects from them.

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,970 Posts
I'm not in an eligible age group here in Australia yet - only 40 and older or vulnerable person, or healthcare/defence/etc. worker and immediate family are eligible so far. Although some younger people have managed to make bookings (using one of their eligible friends' booking links) or tried their luck as a walk-in, but I'm too socially anxious to try that on. Forecast is first shot in October.

My parents both had their first shot of AstraZeneca last week. Dad had some nausea side effects the next day, not sure how mum fared.

·
SUS Member
10,813 Posts
I finally managed to get mine booked for the 24th. Took a few weeks, though, between preregistration limbo and them updating their booking program. The rollout here has been pretty tardy. Have no idea which vaccine I'll end up with.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fully vaccinated. I got my second Pfizer a few weeks ago.
About 8 hours after the shot, I started to get fatigued. Went to bed. Woke up in the middle of the night with terrible chills and nausea.
The next morning I was on the toilet and fainted, passed out face first on the bathroom floor and ended up in the emergency room.

That being said, make sure you hydrate a lot before and after both shots.
Trust me...

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
Got my JJ early April.

My brother and sister got the pfizer. I think my sister the full dose shortly after the vaccines came out according to her instagram. My stepdad got it within March. My dad from what I heard didn't care to get it.

Now the fun part, my mom was adamant in being an anti-vaxxer. But right when her church started pushing for members to get the vaccine, she quickly flipped to be pro-vaxx and got the vaccine to make herself seem more appealing as a board member. And I also recently learned despite already having her pfizer shots, she apparently got a Moderna 1st dose as well for a church public demonstration. I guess they don't have a vaccine record. And she's planning to get a 2nd one. My stepdad is trying to talk her out of doing so, but she believes having two vaccines gives her better protection with no side effects. He's been trying to get me to help talk her out of it, but I kind of just... don't care. I am rather curious to see if she will have any reaction actually.

·
Failure's Art
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Blue Dino ha your mom went from anti-vaxx to double-vaxx, that is kind of crazy. She should get the J&J one too for the trifecta. Wonder if vaccine mix and matching like that has been studied. Probably makes it more likely that you will have side effects I would think.

·
Loathed Loiterer
8,250 Posts
@Blue Dino ha your mom went from anti-vaxx to double-vaxx, that is kind of crazy. She should get the J&J one too for the trifecta. Wonder if vaccine mix and matching like that has been studied. Probably makes it more likely that you will have side effects I would think.
The only thing that has been said is - it is not recommended to take two full doses of vaccines or different vaccine in general. I doubt there is going to be more data on this, since not many people will be moronic enough to do this. Nor will there be a reason to. Maybe it will give her superpowers. 👿

1 - 20 of 39 Posts