Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a job at my uni and I have to work with a close-knit group of people. I also have to attend events for my positions. I just cant connect with anyone there. I feel like an alien. I have hardly nothing in common with these people.

They are very extroverted and are into going out and being social all the time. I just don't like going out all the time, its to much energy drained. But these people seem to really dislike me and they ignore me to the point where sometimes I just want to quit my job. But I am hanging in there.

Most of the co-workers are all friends and hang out with each other, I just don't feel comfortable around these people because they are very judgmental and obnoxious.

When I go to work, I try to say hi to them and they dont speak back. Many of the people give me dirty looks and I dont understand why. Its really disheartening to be in a work environment where people really cant stand you.

I tried to be social and polite, but these people just dont get me at all.

Are you guys friends with your co-workers? Do you think its a good idea to be friends with them if you have SA?

·
madly in love
2,433 Posts
i had a bad experience with coworkers a few years ago. since then its gotten better. ive found a few people that i can stand. but in general, i kind of keep to myself.

do you ever get new people in your workplace? maybe you can approach them to get them acquaitned with their new job. then you'd at least have one friendly face around.

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a bad experience with coworkers a few years ago. since then its gotten better. ive found a few people that i can stand. but in general, i kind of keep to myself.

do you ever get new people in your workplace? maybe you can approach them to get them acquaitned with their new job. then you'd at least have one friendly face around.
Yeah, there was this one guy who I use to talk to and we shared some common interest, but he quit the job 3 weeks ago. Now, I dont have anyone else I can talk to now.

·
Meek
447 Posts
Generally - no, I get on fine with them initially then I get depressed about my behaviour and can barely talk and they think I'm a miserable stuck up b.... . And any cute guys I develop huge innapropriate, pointless crushes on which is a whole different mess. oh dear :lol

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Generally - no, I get on fine with them initially then I get depressed about my behaviour and can barely talk and they think I'm a miserable stuck up b.... . And any cute guys I develop huge innapropriate, pointless crushes on which is a whole different mess. oh dear :lol
Yeah, I totally understand :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.