Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Not at all

Votes: 10 5.2%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In general, over days, weeks, months, years.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I voted #$^@#$

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
What are you asking? The thread title is "are you depressed?" but the question above the poll is "do you feel sad and unhappy?" Depression is different to sadness. Sadness is a normal emotion that everyone experiences. Depression is an illness that is characterised by constantly feeling sad, often for no reason, loss of interest in things you used to enjoy, lack of motivation, feeling hopeless and helpless.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I then said #@%^#$&# [email protected]#%

I'm referring to Depression, or constantly feeling sad, often for no reason, loss of interest in things you used to enjoy, lack of motivation, feeling hopeless and helpless.

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
comes and gos,I don't really understand what triggers it.I wish I had more answers.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
moderately always. mostly from the isolation, i think.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Severely, pretty much all the time. It's been that way for much of my life.

So far, despite that, I've managed to keep going... holding down a job and going back to school in the Fall... I remain hopeful.

·
Xtina Fan
193 Posts
I picked "Severely, all of the time"

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Severely sometimes though I'm usually depressed to some point on most days.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I've been very lucky lately. I take antidepressants which help a lot. Without them I have been very suicidal. Sometimes now I feel very sad, but not so sad that I want life to end. I get bored and lonely a lot. I am the one who needs to fix that. Real depression needs imo therapy and drugs to heal.

·
Still Running
387 Posts
What are you asking? The thread title is "are you depressed?" but the question above the poll is "do you feel sad and unhappy?" Depression is different to sadness. Sadness is a normal emotion that everyone experiences. Depression is an illness that is characterised by constantly feeling sad, often for no reason, loss of interest in things you used to enjoy, lack of motivation, feeling hopeless and helpless.
I know that this may be off topic but thanks for the distinction, depression is taken way to lightly with my family who have finally just shut up about it after 35 years. :mum
I'm not angry about that anymore because I can understand that it is my cross to bear. My folks and siblings are all getting along and on with their families and I am still single and depressed.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts