Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Are you an organ donor?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not at the moment because I've never been comfortable with the idea of being cut open and gutted like a fish should I expire. I have to renew my driver's liscense next week and I've been reconsidering. If I can't be happy in my life maybe I can give someone else that chance.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
No I am not. By boyfriend is offering his body to science when he dies. That bothers me. I think I may have to try and change his mind on this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
meggiehamilton said:
No I am not. By boyfriend is offering his body to science when he dies. That bothers me. I think I may have to try and change his mind on this.
I'm curious why it bothers you what he will be doing with his body after he is dead. Being bug food instead isn't exactly useful. :lol

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
Yep I am and everyone should be!! I figure I'll be dead so who cares what happens to my body.. take it all! Giving other people the chance to live is well worth it :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Lonelyguy said:
I've never been comfortable with the idea of being cut open and gutted like a fish should I expire.
:agree Even in death, I care more about myself than others who might benefit from my organs. I'm selfish and make no apology for it.

If they want organ donors, they should allow the free market to work (i.e. pay for parts). Some people would probably be induced to give away their whole body if their heirs could get $25,000 for it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
NO.. but in the future i might change my mind, but who knows

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes. I don't give a **** what happens with my body after I die. If they gut me for organs and throw me in a dumpster so be it.

No way. They seek out organ donors and off them for parts, making it look like it was an "accident"
:con Have you been watching too much Monty Python?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I put No because that idea doesn't appeal to me and like others said, i don't want my parts to become a part of someone else, even in death, because they belonged to me, what if a very bad person wants organs? I know, slim chance, but i've grown to be weary of those sorts of things. After you "expire", how are your organs still of use anyways? Well, let me say that when i'm old and there is a child or someone in my family that needs it, i would. But i wouldnt just donate them in general because it's just wouldn't feel right for me.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Yes.... I need to change that though... I dont want to be used as a test dummy for Ford or Chevy or a cadaver for the millitary. No thank you.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Maybe an organ of mine can live a better life in someone else when I die. I wouldn't mind donating my brain to someone who is brain dead.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Lemme check...yeah, it says on my driver's license that I'm an organ donor. I suspect that, once dead, I won't be needing any organs.

No way. They seek out organ donors and off them for parts, making it look like it was an "accident"
Now that I have never heard.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I'm not. But I suspect that doctors probably take organs from accident victims without permission anyway. :par

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yep, I'm an organ donor :D Once I'm dead & gone, I'll have no use for them anyway so why let them go to waste if they can save someone's life?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I voted 'no'. I know I'll be dead so it won't matter anyway if I do donate my organs but I don't feel right about someone taking one part of me away. Its like I'm not a whole person anymore when I'm cremeted :stu

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I don't even like the idea of an autopsy being performed on me. I need to talk to a lawyer and make sure it doesn't happen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts