• No

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 14 28.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've never seen the point. I know what I'm willing to pay for an item, I put that in as a bid and forget about it.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I will only snipe if I have previously bid. It seems wrong to just wait until the very end and come out of nowhere.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Sometimes, it depends on how much I really want the item I bid on.

·
(.*?)
6,699 Posts
I've never seen the point. I know what I'm willing to pay for an item, I put that in as a bid and forget about it.
That only works in an ideal world where everyone is strong-willed.

I bought my car on eBay (stupid, but easier than dealing with people). I set a maximum bid thinking I'd just leave that. Then somebody went over it, and I decided to stretch my budget and up my max bid, and we traded back and forth a bit like that. Finally I used an automated sniping program for my final bid so that we couldn't drive each other to stupider bids anymore.

I've only bought two items on eBay in total in my life though, and I don't recall if I sniped the other.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Rarely, when necessary.... if it's an uncommon item that may not be put up for auction very often. You know other people are going to be doing it, so you're not really helping your cause by abstaining... :)

But I'm not patient when it comes to buying things, so I aim for "Buy It Now" auctions and avoid the ones I have to sit on, whenever possible. It's been a few years since I last felt the need to "snipe".

·
Registered
928 Posts
I snipe. :) It sucks to loose.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I do, it never works to just put in a bid and leave it, if there is even one more person bidding on it, it seems if you give them time they will always be someone willing to pay more than you do, even if its a ridiculous price. Only time I don't care is if there is no bids and no demand for that particular item.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I snipe. I want what I want when I want it. Everyone else be damned. :twisted

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Isn't that the name of the game, though?

If you show your cards too early, someone's going to beat you before the timer runs out.

I don't know how it is now, but I remember buying tickets for a concert online (this was about 2001). I was part of the "select group" that got a chance to buy them early, before they went out on sale. I thought I had plenty of time, but a blink of an eye later, half the seats were already sold before i could even click on the button!

ebay is pretty much the same. You really have to be lightining fast. especially on those rare items.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I've never bought anything from ebay. I'm kind of worried that I'll get carried away and buy a whole bunch of stuff I don't need, just because its cheap. When I moved out of my old house I couldn't believe how much useless crap I had bought over the years. I gave away most of it and the rest went into the trash.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts