Votes: 14 60.9%
  • NO

Votes: 9 39.1%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
music has been my love my whole life. i listen to it everyday and more so when i'm feeling down.

when i was 19, i was introduced to audiophile products by a friend.

and since... it's a slippery road.

spent quite a fair bit of cash on audiophile products. nothing really expensive but expensive enough for a student.

music takes away the pain... music is my only true companion. human beings fail all the time.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Yes yes yes, i also bought an audiophile months ago lol

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Just because you listen to lot of music doesnt make you an audiophile. Its all about quality.

I voted "YES", but i am not sure. I have studio cans (DT 770s) for my listening and nearly 700gigs of music (mostly in lossless formats). Cant stand anything below 128kbps. V2 and V0 is acceptable. And dont even get me started on youtube music stuff..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just because you listen to lot of music doesnt make you an audiophile. Its all about quality.

I voted "YES", but i am not sure. I have studio cans (DT 770s) for my listening and nearly 700gigs of music (mostly in lossless formats). Cant stand anything below 128kbps. V2 and V0 is acceptable. And dont even get me started on youtube music stuff..
you're an audiophile !!

i recently ripped all my CDs into AIFF format (they used to be in WAV).. 14 hours of literally non-stop ripping OH MY.

i'm intending to get Westone ES5 Customs. my UE11 customs spoilt a my few months back :(

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I'm somewhat of one. My computer headset is a Sennheiser PC350 which I've "Hero Modded" to get a sound profile more akin to the HD595's and I use an Auzentech Forte sound card. My day to day IEM's are Meelectronics A151's. My music is all either FLAC or 320kbps mp3 when I can help it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yep, im an audiophile i guess. cant listen to music below 320kbps anymore!

my headphone collection consists of some panasonic RP-HJE900E IEM's (theyre amazing btw and not too expensive) and a pair of AKG-K840 which i use out and about, and an old pair of sennheiser HD-600's which i use at home

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
I can't be bothered to expend any energy to nit-pick about wave frequencies or how many kbps an mp3 is or how "hot" the mastering/recording/mixing/whatever is.

As long as it doesn't sound like complete ****, I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm an audiophile, and I'm not ashamed to say that sometimes less quality is better.

The sound of old tape is sometimes that little element which makes a recording truly special.

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
I keep my most of music at 160 kbps so i can fit more songs on my iPhone. But i do enjoy good sounding songs at 300kbps.

Thinking about buying these, But been unsure about it because all the fakes going around

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
So if you guys are really into quality, do you not care for really old delta blues music? Or stuff like ragtime? Seeing as the recording quality is kind of...pants. I guess I'm not an audiophile. If the music has raw emotion, I don't really care.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thought that meant being a music junkie but reading the posts turns out I'm not an audiophile.

Clarity is obviously better than youtube rips that sound like they were recorded on a 10 year old cassette tape. But personally I've always found actual records sound far better than anything that has super high clarity.

I guess I prefer the dirty/rough sound to a clean/sterilised one.

·
Seeking ataraxia
12,034 Posts
Not really. I can live with 128kbps if it's all I can get, but prefer higher quality. None of that FLAC nonsense though.

·
Registered
514 Posts
In heart, just my wallet doesn't agree.

I'll stick with CDs over vinyl for now with nice head phones. Ipod on the road though. Rather put money into my guitars / CD collection over buying a decent turntable.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Nah,not at all - my point of view has always been,I'll try to get as much music as possible not caring too much about the quality and maybe later when I can be bothered I'll go back and get better quality versions of my favourite albums. Quantity > Quality for now...

·
Sigh...
856 Posts
Nope, however, all my Dubstep are FLAC Files.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts