Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not, I used to be, now I eat fish---- salmon. What are the most popular vegetarian restaurants in the US??? All I see is McDonald's and other fast food restaurants, what the hell.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've been a vegetarian for a year now.

I live in Canada, however as far as fast foods go,
I know Subway offers a veggie delight sub that is delicious.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I love Subway's veggie delite, and Taco Bell has some good meatless items, and you can order a lot of things with beans instead of meat...sometimes I go to Wendy's and get a baked potato with brocolli... I don't know any real vegetarian restuarants though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I love Subway's veggie delite, and Taco Bell has some good meatless items, and you can order a lot of things with beans instead of meat...sometimes I go to Wendy's and get a baked potato with brocolli... I don't know any real vegetarian restuarants though.
I love the baked potato with the sour cream and chives..delicious.
Refried beans are amazing.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Chipotle has a vegetarian burrito. So does Qdoba, which is similar, but I like Chipotle better for some reason. Both are similar to subway, but with burritos.

There are a lot of vegetarian asian places... or places with vegetarian options.

There's also pizza.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Weirdly enough, Burger King offers a veggie burger.

·
Professor Genius
80 Posts
I was a vegetarian last Fall for only a mere 2 months. I broke down one day because I was stressed and very hungry. I continued to eat meat since then but I'd like to give vegetarianism a go again. Has anyone here read the book, "Skinny *****"? It really makes you think...

It talks a lot about our disgusting meat industry and goes into detail about how cruel the animals are being treated and what we are actually eating when we eat meat from our industrialized farms. It's pretty sad stuff, and after reading that book my fiance became a vegetarian.

·
Professor Genius
80 Posts
I guess it didn't let me post my word. It's "B*tch" if anyone is interested in reading that book :banana:evil:banana

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was a Vegetarian for many years (think 10 or so, vegan for a year or so of that, but I wasn't very good at doing that properly, lol) then I started eating chicken and seafood again. Basically I nearly always choose the veg option without thinking about it, seafood I enjoy so I doubt i will drop it again, but I can definitely see forgoing chicken again.

I live in Toronto, Canada, so I basically can get veg food any where, but then, it is also easier to do when you have done it for some time. It seems difficult when you first go veg to know what you like, or what to ask for...pretty much any place will try to accommodate you if you just ask. This works best in some places if you say you have severe allergies, lol. They will be more likely to combine parts of different meals to allow you the veg meal you want.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've been a vegetarian for two years. It doesn't seem like there are very many exclusively vegetarian restaurants out there, unfortunately. It can be hard when you're going out to dinner with people and they choose a restaurant that has virtually nothing for people who don't eat meat. But I've found that mexican restaurants work fairly well for vegetarians. And there are quite a few places that offer things like good-quality salad bars, veggie burgers, and meat-free soups. It just takes time to find them, I guess.

·
making awesome awesomer
587 Posts
I would go insane if i was vegetarian i like my meats. Plus who would i have to make fun of if i was a vegetarian. i kid i kid

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Nope, I like to eat the flesh of cooked animals. Delicious!

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
While I enjoy many vegetarian dishes, I still like to eat meat. I dont eat a lot of red meat, hardly at all, but I plenty of chicken and fish.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was a vegetarian last Fall for only a mere 2 months. I broke down one day because I was stressed and very hungry. I continued to eat meat since then but I'd like to give vegetarianism a go again. Has anyone here read the book, "Skinny *****"? It really makes you think...

It talks a lot about our disgusting meat industry and goes into detail about how cruel the animals are being treated and what we are actually eating when we eat meat from our industrialized farms. It's pretty sad stuff, and after reading that book my fiance became a vegetarian.
Skinny ***** was the reason i went veg too.. its a really good book

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
How long have you had vegetarianism? Does it hurt? Is it contagious?

Seriously though, I've never heard of a vegetarian restaurant in America

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Nope, I do eat more white meat and fish than any other meat though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How long have you had vegetarianism? Does it hurt? Is it contagious?
Haha! that made my day :)

I have been a vegetarian for about 2 years now, I am tryling to eliminate as much dairy as possible and move closer to veganism -- but I know it'll never happen. I loooooove cheese! I'm drinking soy milk instead of normal milk at least :) Greek restraunts have pretty good vegetarian food -- fallafel, hummus, really good salads, etc. Mmmmmm I am getting hungry now.

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
I recently stopped.

I was a vego/vegan for the past 4yrs but recently stopped because of health issues caused by my diet. namely a b12 deficiency which caused a tingling pain in my fingers which made playing guitar without pain impossible.

Now im eating as much red meat as I can and taking 2mg of B12 a day (dissolved below my tongue).

Moral is. If you're on a vegetarian or a vegan, get a blood test if you can every now and then to make sure your vitamin levels are all good. : D

1 - 20 of 87 Posts