Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Are you a text junkie ?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
maybe i would if i had people to text and who would text me back -__-

i always like getting texts, like a very small but nice surprise. it sucks when it's just from telus informing me of some new deal.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
haha yeah I am the same, I get excited and then it's some new offer from my service provider....sigh.

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
God no. Personally, I find texting to be a complete waste of life since they take so long to write. When you're in public, it also requires you to stand there/stop and text. If you're on a busy road then that's even worse since people will probably be bumping into you left right and centre.

I hate it even more when people try to have a conversation via texting. Now, that is just taking advantage of unlimited texting etc too far since they obviously think I'm just sitting on my bed doing nothing which is why I have the time to text and then the patience to wait for them to reply.

What's wrong with talking on MSN? Or email?

Although, saying that, the text every now and then is quite nice since it's nice to see "new SMS message" or whatever on the screen instead of a usually blank screen.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I likes the texts. Less anxiety provoking than phone calls, but feel just as good. I recently got one of those slidey-keyboardy phones, but I have no one to sends texts to. :(

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I text with a few friends, it's just convenient. I need to stop doing it so much tho cause it's starting to really add up and increase my bill a lot.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Not when it costs me ten cents to SEND AND RECEIVE each text!

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I've never sent a text message in my life.
Me neither. I don't even have a cell phone. And if one has a cell so that they could make a call I can't really understand their need to send unlimited texts each month. Why not just call? Texting effectively turns a call phone into a 21st century telegraph.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Not when it costs me ten cents to SEND AND RECEIVE each text!
A fact known by parents across the nation who throw a fit when the monthly bill comes and they see their little princess can type 100 words a minute and does so for hours on end.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I never even used texting before. Besides, the only person I would know to text would be my mom, lol.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
Me neither. I don't even have a cell phone. And if one has a cell so that they could make a call I can't really understand their need to send unlimited texts each month. Why not just call? Texting effectively turns a call phone into a 21st century telegraph.
err, many reasons why texting is in some situations preferable to calling

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
From now on all of my text messages will be sent in telegraph form STOP Or haiku, depending on what kind of mood I'm in STOP

1 - 20 of 48 Posts