Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Are you a PC or console gamer?

3K views 58 replies 57 participants last post by  Durzo 
#1 ·
I much prefer consoles due to the fact that they last anywhere from 4-10 years with new games being released, and you don't have to keep upgrading them. Though I have a PC from 2007 and I do occasionally enjoy playing Left 4 Dead or Counter Strike, but my graphics card (nVidia GeForce 7300) isn't really capable of playing any of the newer games out for PC. Plus, soon I will own all 3 consoles so I don't have to worry about exclusives. However, if you can afford to keep your PC up-to-date and run all the games at their max, I bet the experience is second to none when compared to a console.

So, which do you prefer and why?

#2 ·
I have always preferred pc as i find using a keyboard and mouse affords more control as opposed console controllers and the graphics look so much better than most t.v's. I do however like the wii and would actually buy one. The only dislike i have is when they start a game off on the pc platform then move it to consoles only. The other downfall is console games always seem to be out before the pc versions.

#3 ·
I have been a PC gamer since I was a kid. My favorite games have always been FPS's, which tend to be awful on a console compared to a PC with a mouse and keyboard. I also like simulation games, where again a PC is better because you can easily plug in whatever controller you like. Last but not least, my job involves a lot of programming, so having a system that can be used for both gaming and work makes sense for me. Upgrading does cost money, but it's not like you have to buy a whole new PC every year. I tend to upgrade piece by piece instead of replacing the whole system, which is much cheaper.

I do have a PS3 but I just use it for watching videos streamed from a PC :D

#4 ·
Personally I like the PC over consoles. But it helps that I dropped a large amount of cash on this new rig, it can play everything from this current generation of consoles without a sweat. Plus when I do need to upgrade I just need to drop $250ish on a new video card and the future Xbox 720, PS4, and Wii HDD still won't be able to touch this bad boy!

#10 ·
I'm more of a console gamer because it's more convenient. PC gaming is more versatile and probably more rewarding, if you're into that kind of thing, but all the hoops I remember having to jump through just to play a simple game on a PC simply didn't make it worth it. As far as FPSes are concerned, I like them equally on both platforms. Mouse/keyboard or dual analog -- whatever. As long as no one is getting an unfair advantage in control on the respective system (damn hackers and controller modders), I don't care.

#12 ·
Xbox man these days.

Used to be massivly into PC gaming but its far too much effort, you have to istnall the game, find patches, apply updates, get latest drivers, use horrible server finding systems to get in a game, no friends system, bad voice implemenations, no simple way to join friends games.

Xbox live changed all that :D

pop in the CD and you can go join some friends off you go! :D

#16 ·
Never have to worry about lag time on a console.

#25 ·
Both but with most games beign phased out for PC I find myself on my PS3 a lot. I still use my PC for racing sims though.

#26 ·
Even though I prefer PC I use to play both until it got too expensive to do so, now I'm pc only.

#28 ·
If I could afford a worthwhile computer I'd play more PC games, but I've never had a computer that was worthwhile. I did enjoy a few games I played on my ex's though. I prefer Playstation. I love many series that are on ps only and it has a vast library. I also am very used to the control scheme and such. I really care more about the game than whatever I have to use to play it. As long as it's a good game, I'm happy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.