Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I hope everyone is in the best of health.

Okay, I just joined this forum and I do no think that I will be staying here much longer.
The reason being is that I do not see how this forum is helping anyone.

The couple of threads I read so far all tend to be very similar for example most of you spend a lot of time at home and on the internet. Does it not create more anxiety? Why are you not doing something to better yourself or something different?

I do not mean to sound harsh or hurt your feelings but I am talking from experience.
Go out there and stand up for yourself. Say no to bullying and bad thoughts!

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts

·
Lookin' for the sky...
251 Posts
I don't think this will help no matter what forum section it is posted under. "Hey guys don't like being sad? Well stop being sad then!"

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
SAS isn't just a site for fixing social anxiety. It's a support site, not a make all your problems go away site. In ways it's a community of people suffering from the same problem. We can relate, help, share, learn from, and support people dealing with similar issues.

I also don't understand the assumption with these threads that we aren't trying to improve. Just because we come on SAS doesn't mean we don't put ourselves out there. Everyone has free time.

Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for here, but you don't understand the collection of reasons we have for using SAS.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
My last paragraph was very stupid
Sorry, I was not thinking straight.
I cannot edit it :(
I see where you're coming from but if you're alone it's nice to relate to some other people who are in a similar situation.

However, it's easy to spend more time than intended on this site.

peace.

·
SASsy
18,107 Posts
It's easy to sit in your armchair behind a computer screen and cast judgement on those you don't know.

·
lagrimas negras
1,763 Posts
SAS isn't just a site for fixing social anxiety. It's a support site, not a make all your problems go away site. In ways it's a community of people suffering from the same problem. We can relate, help, share, learn from, and support people dealing with similar issues.

I also don't understand the assumption with these threads that we aren't trying to improve. Just because we come on SAS doesn't mean we don't put ourselves out there. Everyone has free time.

Sorry you didn't find what you were looking for here, but you don't understand the collection of reasons we have for using SAS.
:yes

I also agree with shyvr6. You should spend some more time here before you strat 'judging ' members on this site

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Where else am I going to go?

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
Hello
The couple of threads I read so far all tend to be very similar for example most of you spend a lot of time at home and on the internet. Does it not create more anxiety? Why are you not doing something to better yourself or
How do you know being on my pc is not bettering myself? True I could be more social, but I'm bettering my programming skills, and I just kill time here.

·
Banned
5,393 Posts
You joined this site 3 days ago basically to tell everyone you're leaving. Interesting. Never seen that before.

It's easy to sit in your armchair behind a computer screen and cast judgement on those you don't know.
No, he is "talking from experience." :roll

·
Lookin' for the sky...
251 Posts
You joined this site 3 days ago basically to tell everyone you're leaving. Interesting. Never seen that before.
I know right. I am starting to see more and more 1 day posters. People who have no sig, no avatar, post in one comment telling people what to do and then you never see them again.

·
Winter is coming
2,650 Posts
Sometimes I get bored of my raging social life, full of parties, supermodels, drinking and sex.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
Well I dunno bout you guys.. but Im on here cause Im border than sheit. Don't really care if were all lame and such.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts