Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like every other week there is a new study coming out that mentions possible links between social factors and Alzhiemers. One week they mention that unmarried people have an increased risk. The next week, they mention that socially active people have sharper minds which fights against it.

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
It seems like every other week there is a new study coming out that mentions possible links between social factors and Alzhiemers. One week they mention that unmarried people have an increased risk. The next week, they mention that socially active people have sharper minds which fights against it.
I wouldn't be surprised :|

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
That's one reason I try to eat lots of curry - curcumin is supposed to prevent the formation of amyloid plaques.

Although having friends would be nice also...

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Old folks get it. You feeling that lucky?

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I heard aluminum might be a factor as well. I'd hate to get alzheimers... one of my fears is losing mental acuity. Alzheimers and strokes are my biggest fears. I'm always worried I'll get something like that and forget all my passwords. I should get those iris identifiers.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Dang, my memory's pretty bad already! I'm definitely screwed!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, my mom has Alzheimer's, and I lost my dad to brain cancer. My mom also has wet macular degeneration (is going blind). I hope a heart attack gets me before those things do.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
I've already decided I'm going to die in fiery car crash with my need-for-speed criminal lover when I'm 22 years old.

Really though...I try not to worry about that kind of stuff. I focus on taking care of myself now, trying to be healthy...and whatever happens when I'm old will just happen. It'd be great if I could be a really, really crazy old lady that everyone purposely keeps out the home because they wanna hear my wild stories...or something like that, haha. I just have fun with the possibilities of the future. It's scary to hear what experts are saying but dwelling on it too much might screw with karma. ;)

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I am so sad right now reading all of this... I never thought about it... but my ex-boyfriends mom is dying of Alzheimer's and so did his mom's sister. He, from the day I met him, has wondered if he will get it too - he used to even say what would I do if it happened and I just told him that even if he didn't remember me I would love him anyway and take care of him and hopefully he would know I was his friend and that I was safe, like his mom knows his dad now. For all of you who don't know we broke up last Sunday at 6 p.m. - his SA won out over my love for him. Actually to hear him tell the story God is calling him to live a single life - or be a Priest. I can only pray now that he can become a Priest because then at least there will be hundreds of people who will love and take care of him and be there for him instead of him growing old alone.

I'm praying for all of you.

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
I always joke with people that I think I have early onset alzheimers (which is certainly nothing to joke about) because of my bad memory lately. I've become obsessed with googling "wellbutrin and memory loss" because of my paranoia that it may be causing it.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
My great grandmother and grandfather had alzheimers. I'm probably screwed. I have a bad memory already and often have brain fog. I plan on killing myself if I develop it later in life. I do not want to go out like that.:no
I'm more worried about my mother getting it since it runs on that side of the family.

·
SAS Member
14,430 Posts
maybe it's a good thing. When i get it i wont remember how ****ed my life is. I'll be in this wonderland where there's no worries. Who knows.
I'm not worried about it.

I do hope they find some cure. My grandma had it before she died. She didn't even remember my mom, or us. It's like we were strangers to her and she was kinda scared of us. Weird stuff.

·
Registered
336 Posts
maybe if you take some good supplements it will help. acetyl l cartinine is pretty good for my memory as well as some fishoil. Dont worry too much about it. Just do your best! thats all you can do. :) live in love

·
Banned
40 Posts
maybe it's a good thing. When i get it i wont remember how ****ed my life is. I'll be in this wonderland where there's no worries. Who knows.
Yeah I also think like that. Maybe it's better to get Alzheimer and loose your memory, than being old, alone and remebering how you waisted whole ****ing life. Remembering it all would be bigger suffering I guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don´t know about alzheimer´s. But my super-hero abilities to create fog, emptiness, flashes, circular and repetitive thinking, and erratic anxious ideas in my fragile neurons don´t promise anything good for after 50.

What about creative thinking? Anyone else think it has murdered it? Some years ago I wanted to be an artist, but now I realize I would always write the same poem.

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
That's one reason I try to eat lots of curry - curcumin is supposed to prevent the formation of amyloid plaques.

Although having friends would be nice also...
I eat curry too...I love curry a lot! But I eat fried,fatty foods too..so it sort of cancel each other out. :no

1 - 20 of 23 Posts