Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Are there any places you would refuse to go to?

• Yes

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Most countries on the planet, and not because of SA but rather because of humanity. Including the one I'm in now.

Clubs/bars/pubs etc. About as useful to me as an appendix.

Strip clubs, brothels. Probably more abuse and desperation there than I'd like to think about, let alone fund.

Churches, temples of any kind. I'd rather religion did not exist, especially the big ones.

·
Loathed Loiterer
7,871 Posts
Church. I have no problems with religious people, but interacting with them, especially the very extremely religious ones, I find it uncomfortable.

This local dive bar, where most of the patrons are alumnis from my school, that are still living here or stuck around here. I don't really know any of them personally aside from maybe mild recognition. But I just don't really want to see any of them or any of them to see me. Ironically enough, the name of that bar is called The "something something" Church.

A nice dog park I use to go to when I lived on the other side of town. Now it's been taken over as a homeless tent city with several hundred homeless living there. It's literally a heroin and meth slump. It is very sad and depressing to look at whenever I drive past. Nothing is done about it. No help is offered. When help is offered rarely, it's turned down.

·
📝📸🎬💾🎲&#991
6,575 Posts
The sun. Inside an erupting volcano. A garbage compactor. A party. Etc.

·
SUS Member
10,515 Posts
Camping. No. Deal.

Butterfly conservatory. Great big nope on that one.

Skydiving. You're joking, right?

Roller coaster. My cookies are fine right where they are, thanks.

Music concert. A stadium full of murder apes? Nah, I'm good.

Any place with spiders.

I could make this list a lot longer, because I'm scared of basically everything, but these are a few of my least-favorite things.

·
customusertitle
740 Posts
If I'm invited to go somewhere I often push myself a little, so I don't think I'd flat out refuse to go somewhere.

I prefer darkish quiet places with few people though (like restaurants and stuff). Probably wouldn't go to a nightclub or a stadium or something with a lot of people making a lot of noise since I get panicky.

Someone mentioned skydiving, I think that's scary yeah, though I have done parasailing once a long time ago and it felt nice, though that's a lot less scary obviously.

I also hate going to the beach and haven't done for like 15 years or something. The sand, the salt, the humidity, the embarrassment of wearing swimsuits, plus I never managed to learn how to swim and almost drowned once.

I used to go to a book fair that was held every year, which was always very crowded, and crowded places make me really uncomfortable, but no one really buys books anymore, so it's pretty boring. I remember getting tons of used comics from there. It was like hunting for treasure lol.

I feel very uncomfortable going out alone nowadays I almost get paralyzed at the idea of going anywhere alone. I only do it if I really have to, and have to prepare days ahead to be in the right headspace, because I get too confused seeing people and streets and stuff (feels like information overload and my brain just shuts down and wants to hide). It sucks because I feel like I need months or years of painful exposure just to get back to the levels of anxiety I had like 10 years ago, which never feels worth it anymore really.

·
Registered
180 Posts
-Countries where homophobia is the norm, because I don't particularly want to get stabbed.
-Any place where I won't have access to a decent toilet and shower for +24 hours.

·
Failure's Art
1,920 Posts
I detest strip malls and don't really like the suburbs. I like the city or the country but never liked the in-between aka the 'burbs where most Americans live.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
The hospital. I hate being poked and prodded, and won't undress for anyone. I'd have to be in severe pain that I couldn't just wait out.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
41,989 Posts
I don't tend to go to most places due to SA etc but I'm not sure about refusing outside of that.

My brother seemed to think it would be a bad idea for me to go to Russia lol when that randomly came up in some conversation (because of the climate there towards LGBT+ people.) But I'm pretty sure I could blend in most places if I wanted to. I don't want to be surrounded by people who don't get me/dislike me though, which is part of why I avoid everyone everywhere but being invisible is a different thing and has pros/cons. Obviously I would avoid countries that are very misogynistic/sexist as well. Not going anywhere with a dress code that doesn't suit me either.

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
Countries: I'm a pretty open person- as I've been to parts of the Middle East Gulf Region (controversial to the average person). As long if there isn't widespread life-threatening violence and diseases, then I'm fine.

Public spaces: Water Parks, Clubs/bars (only been to 2 in my life), Anything that is overly crowded

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Clubs

Won't ever go to a club. Thing makes no sense. Kinda like concerts except I'd probably be more likely to go to something like a Bossa Nova concert or something a bit more calm.

It's not that I don't like rock-far from it actually-I just don't like crowds, less so with an invitation to be very obnoxious. Clubs specifically though just make no sense to me.

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
I've always had a fear of old abandoned mines. Out here in the Western USA they're all over. I watch Youtube videos people have posted about exploring old mines and it just gives me the willies just watching those.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts