Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had about a week of high 80's low 90's in MA for the past week.And now all of the trees are in FULL bloom like it was June or later.The end of April seems rather premature for MA. to have their trees in such full boom....Or am I mistaken? Dave

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
The trees where I live don't bloom until mid May, but we are at the same latitude as Northern Maine. Back home in Iowa I remember a really warm stretch in December and some trees started to bloom. Then one November we had a warm stretch and my grandmothers lilac bush bloomed. I never knew that lilacs would bloom in November.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
Here in Vancouver the trees all have leaves now. It's been nice and warm the past week, and there has been an explosion of green everywhere. I don't really think it's all that early. One thing I've noticed, though, is the lack of bees. All these fruit trees are in blossom, but I haven't seen a single bee. Kind of weird.....

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
The weather is just weird in general right now. It feels like my state completely skipped spring and went straight to summer because we went from really cold weather to being in the 80s and 90s. I think our stuff bloomed pretty fast though. There sure aren't any flowers left on the trees!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We had about a week of high 80's low 90's in MA for the past week.And now all of the trees are in FULL bloom like it was June or later.The end of April seems rather premature for MA. to have their trees in such full boom....Or am I mistaken? Dave
Actually I'm in Maine and I have noticed the same thing.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
It rained all week here. The grass is starting to look like Jurassic Park.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I don't think so, but the black flies seem extra robust! :lol

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,490 Posts
It's currently 48 degrees here. The lows are still in the 40s, dammit!!! One thing I did noticw was that the birds awake very early, around 4:30 a.m. or so. I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
It's currently 48 degrees here. The lows are still in the 40s, dammit!!! One thing I did noticw was that the birds awake very early, around 4:30 a.m. or so. I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
Yeah that is normal. I have always heard them singing this early.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts