Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
SAS Member
2,118 Posts
Thanks to my anxiety and extreme avoidance I am fairly certain there are some people at work who think I'm rude. My facial muscles tense up when I'm around other people so I can't smile and I always look angry or disinterested, and because I can't look happy or friendly I usually avoid eye contact with anyone I pass when I'm walking around. Also, I rarely talk to anyone unless they talk to me first.

Unfortunately I can't do much about changing the conclusions people have come to about me - they'll think what they will and all I can do is try not to dwell on it too much.

·
Searching...
6,335 Posts
Appearances. I seem disinterested, cold, calculating, bored, yet I'm always polite, respectful, helpful if asked. I was raised to aspire to be the latter, my SA nature, my introverted nature has always been around.

Yeah I do have my bitter days, no I don't always make eye contact, greet, initiate friendly conversation. Sometimes I do with each friendly person when I'm in a forthcoming mood, I can be quite enthusiastic when I'm not socially drained/stressed out.

I've met a few sufferers of SA in real life, the telltale signs are there. I'll give them their much needed space. Perhaps my demeanor comes off as rude, I wish I'd be consciously aware of this all the time, I'd probably get invited to a lot more parties or hangouts.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts