Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
I wouldn't say Americans were stupid, but I would definately say their education system is poor and lacking. It's about them not being taught properly and having very biased media, it's nothing to do with their intelligence.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
a classic vid :clap
read the title and had to post:D
I can only make it half-way through her answer before I have to stop the video..it makes me cringe that bad..lol.

Yeah, some Americans are a bit on the dumb side. Don't judge us all based on that idiots answer though :lol Some of us are intelligent. The same can be said of nearly every other country.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I would definately say their education system is poor and lacking.
You should keep in mind that there is a vast difference between different schools in America. I graduated way back in 1991 from a suburban public high school where the vast majority went on to college and the graduation rate was about 99%. About 10 miles east was the worst high school in the Milwaukee Public School system where only about half who started even managed to graduate.

·
Registered
794 Posts
You should keep in mind that there is a vast difference between different schools in America. I graduated way back in 1991 from a suburban public high school where the vast majority went on to college and the graduation rate was about 99%. About 10 miles east was the worst high school in the Milwaukee Public School system where only about half who started even managed to graduate.
It's nothing to do with the pass rate - i'm talking about what you're actually taught. The ways you are taught and what you are taught is poor and lacking, particularly for a developed country.

There are many things in your curriculum that are biased and missed out.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just thought everyone would like to know about the great tourist attractions we've got in Australia...I myself have been on the Trans-Siberian railway across Australia:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.