Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Good luck! I'm rooting for you! Let us know how it goes! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
i dont know exactly what youre nervous about, but i just applied for a job too and am nervous that if i actually GET the job that i wont be able to do it right.yadda yadda yadda. so if youre anything like me.. just think this - you know deep down that you can handle the job. tell yourself you are a competent, confident person who can be an amazing employee. then take a bubble bath, read and relax! good luck!

·
wondering
65 Posts
just think this - you know deep down that you can handle the job. tell yourself you are a competent, confident person who can be an amazing employee. then take a bubble bath, read and relax! good luck!
This is very true...to think positively can make a big difference. (no...not as in I'm positive I'll screw it up :)) But...it just does not come very natural to me. For me, it's better to think things like....I know I'm going to have a mix of doing rights and wrongs while I'm learning - I've got to give myself some breathing room - I don't need to be an amazing employee because choosing to be a good-enough employee can be very acceptable at this point (does not apply to heart surgeons)...I don't see myself as competent right now - but I'm not incompetent either- there's a lot of levels between the two and each day is getting closer to that point. These are things I say in my head to help me relax, not as a put down though. I hope things go your way!!:group

1 - 11 of 11 Posts