Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm typing this on my samsung tablet that is definitely a blatent ripoff of the ipad, samsung or whoever makes android OS just waited for steve jobs and his team to come up with this brilliant new product and then pinched it and gave it a different name.
The same thing happened to them when microsoft pinched the windows design off them. Oh well, they've made their billions so they shouldn't complain, but those great ideas were definitely stolen off them. But hey, thats business for you.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
I'm glad these things happen so that consumers don't have to pay the over inflated prices that companies like Apple charge for their products.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
A rectangular phone with rounded corners was supposedly one of their patents... yeah

While Apple decided to move to ligitagation rather than innovation Samsung continues to hold the top spot in the smart phone markets.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
There is no shortage of patent infringement lawsuits that Apple both sues and gets sued over. Don't think Apple is any better than the rest, as they are no better. They make a ton of money off the backs of others. Do I care? Apparently not enough, because I own a Macbook :D

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Tablets have been around forever, long before the ipad.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Tablets have been around forever, long before the ipad.
Yup, the only difference is that Apple has a good record of producing quality products. That and good number of loyal customers will make it a success. They were also coming off of their ipod success as well. Microsoft released a tablet in 2002 but from what I have read, it uses different touchscreen technology.

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes and Apple have stolen countless ideas as well so what's your point?
Have they, like what? Not that i'm disputing they might have, i'm no huge fan of apple, but i admire their innovation. Apparently Samsung just recently overtook apple as the biggest technology company and they're also one of the biggest companies in the world now.

·
Banned
4,253 Posts
Steve Job now has no job.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
Have they, like what? Not that i'm disputing they might have, i'm no huge fan of apple, but i admire their innovation. Apparently Samsung just recently overtook apple as the biggest technology company and they're also one of the biggest companies in the world now.
The Apple, from Apple records. :p

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Apple, from Apple records. :p
Hmmm. An apple is a pretty common fruit though, there are plenty of companies all over the world that have similar names.

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They did go to court I think with Apple records. Anyway, it was a sour joke. :p
Really?! How the **** can you put a patent on a natural fruit that has been round longer than man?!
Humans will try to turn everything into a dollar equation. Mark my words, soon there'll be an oxygen tax.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Modern iOS is practically built on ideas from other companies. Multi-tasking, control center, notifications, tabbed browsing, and a number of other things. The fingerprint sensor on the iPhone 5s is also not their own new innovative idea either.

They deserve credit for a lot of things but they aren't the pinnacle of innovation / new ideas. Their marketing (and arguably design) team is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else's (except for maybe Samsung) and this makes it possible to mainstream / popularize many ideas. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have modern smartphones, tablets, or high-resolution displays.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,339 Posts
Or is it the other way around?

Google make Android the OS (well Android inc did, but Google bought them), the hardware is Samsung but the operating system isn't created by them.

I prefer how copyright works in the fashion industry. No one cares, everyone makes money, just don't steal someone else's name and it's all good.

·
6,040 Posts
I can't care less. They are all stealing from each other and still get huge amounts of money in their pockets. More than the budget of some small countries. So I will not shed a tear for any of them. They are doing mighty well.

They should stop being hypocrites and claim only the other party has copied/spied on/stolen from them. They like to have wars in courts all over the world just so they can get leverage on some markets and undermine competition. It's the fierce competition that is lowering prices. It's the constant innovation(in many cases by stealing technology secrets) that is providing you with ever better devices. We are benefiting from all that.

·
Grateful
254 Posts
You should read about how Jobs was "inspired" by Xerox in the first place. Also it is all about power. A big company can make big profits out of ideas while an average person can't with even a slightly better idea.

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
Welcome to the world of consumer electronics, where nobody does all that much innovation, they just build upon successes of others ideas.... I'm not wailing of Apple because every other company in this industry has done the same thing (except maybe with a little bit less unnecessary lawsuits...).

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
Apple were the first to use a mouse. IBM used keyboard and green screens

Apple invented copy, paste & cut...

Windows, icons and pointer were what Apple did. Atari & Commodore copied this. So did Microsoft.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts