Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking this opportunity to apologize to Ballerina for the remark that I made yesterday. It was wrong of me to do so. I reacted poorly because I was being pushed on an issue that I though had been ended two months ago. I am sorry for what I said.

Don

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
That's great. :)

The only issue I have with the whole thing is that if a regular member here had said what you said, they wouldn't have the opportunity to apologize because they would have been banned, likely permanently.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
So you're apologising to her, but not to anyone else for the disgusting thing you said about women?

Excellent.

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
The comment about rape and women asking for it needs to be addressed. It goes beyond just one user here, and extends to every rape survivor. It was extremely inappropriate.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Wow, that was some rude and inappropriate comment.

And this apology is appearing many times. Okay.

Okay, back to some other website. Enough perusing here.

·
♡
260 Posts
What you said sets a terrible example to other members on here. I recall an incident where I mentioned in a thread someone sending me inappropriate PMs and a member came out and said to me "that's the response I get for wearing fishnet stockings". I dress for myself and what I decide to wear on my own body isn't an excuse nor does it justify other people's actions. Because I wear hosiery, I am apparently "asking" for sexual remarks from guys...and I guess asking for it too right?

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
What you said sets a terrible example to other members on here. I recall an incident where I mentioned in a thread someone sending me inappropriate PMs and a member came out and said to me "that's the response I get for wearing fishnet stockings". I dress for myself and what I decide to wear on my own body isn't an excuse nor does it justify other people's actions. Because I wear hosiery, I am apparently "asking" for sexual remarks from guys...and I guess asking for it too right?
Agreed. It's called victim blaming and it's not ok in any way, shape, or form.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I don't accept this. Not good enough.

it was inexcusable and as far as I'm concerned, this shows that a double standard, one for regular posters and one for moderators, exists. Also, as has been astutely pointed out, the comment concerns more than one person.

absolutely unacceptable.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yes, I posted several **** walk links in the thread that he closed, without even acknowledging what we were saying about his comment.

·
Banned
974 Posts
I would like to take this opportunity to say that I believe the photo thread would be more enjoyable, and fair for everyone, if the comments and quotes option was not allowed. Comments could be made through PM. I see many decent looking people in there that no one commented on. That must be a huge blow to those peoples when they are completely ignored. All the pretty, popular, and half dressed girls getting page after page of quotes is just really disgusting to me.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
^ fair enough, good on you for coming up with a constructive suggestion. however, to bring this thread back to the subject at hand, it doesn't matter how anyone appears on that thread, no one deserves the comment being referred to on this thread.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
The apology does seem like a band-aid on a severed limb. The comment certainly was an insult to rape survivors and those who love them, which given the prevalence of sexual assault, is pretty much everyone. It's also an insult to decent standards.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Too much emphasis on Words. I just hope for the thoughts that are in one's head. Words are difficult, but there are some things you shouldn't even think.

"We blame her for being there. But we are here. We are all guilty." -I.M.

·
Banned
974 Posts
^ it doesn't matter how anyone appears on that thread, no one deserves the comment being referred to on this thread.
Yes, the comment was uncalled for, he's apologized.

Any girl posting a pic of herself dressed provocatively over the internet should expect harassment.
Yes its wrong, but that's just the way sex deprived people react to skin flicks.

Surly everyone knows this fact.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
He's not apologised for the comment about rape.

And a bit of harassment online is completely different to rape.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Yes, the comment was uncalled for, he's apologized.

Any girl posting a pic of herself dressed provocatively over the internet should expect harassment.

Yes its wrong, but that's just the way sex deprived people react to skin flicks.

Surly everyone knows this fact.
I disagree. again, on a privately owned, moderated forum, such comments as the one referred to here, is uncalled for, particularly from a moderator, and beggars belief.
I suppose if I walk down a dark alley whilst going home at night, I should "expect" to be raped, mugged, whatever, but that does not make it okay.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.