Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got AP Euro tomorrow... Pretty sure I'm going to fail, but you never know. Anyone else that's taking/has taken an AP exam? Just looking for people to commiserate with. :)

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I took the IB programme, which is kindof similar to AP. I remember May was awful.

Yes, I feel you pain. It's miserable. But it does, eventually, end. I promise.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i hated ap exams. but i loved when they ended, because the ap classes became easy. teachers assigned easy projects, and we just chilled in class most of the time after exams ended. aaaawwww good ole days...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I guess the AP test fried my brain; I forgot that I started this thread. :( So sorry for the long response time!

i took ap euro in high school! I got a 3! haha. man i hated that class.
I would be ECSTATIC if I got a 3 lol. I ended up not finishing the last FRQ, and my other one was really crappy. So I'm hoping that won't be the difference between a pass and a fail.

Perfectionist: Lol if I'm stressed out for one AP test then I don't know how I'd handle four or five. You are a brave person. I was initially signed up to do IB but I recently backed out... Not to wander off topic but do you think IB was worth doing?

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
i took ap euro in high school! I got a 3! haha. man i hated that class.
Ditto. I'm not sure why I passed because I failed almost every exam in the class. Ironically, the only AP test that I ever failed was AP English Lit, where I got straight As. :con

·
Registered
95 Posts
I took AP Psych in high school and loved it. Got a 5. I also took AP English Lit but never finished the class. I got too anxious with agoraphobia.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I just took the AP Us History. Bleh. I absolutely failed the DBQ because I realized afterwards that not only was it crappy, but everything I wrote about was from 30 years after the specified time periods! I hope my free response essays were strong enough to give me a three, but I don't have high hopes.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Perfectionist: Lol if I'm stressed out for one AP test then I don't know how I'd handle four or five. You are a brave person. I was initially signed up to do IB but I recently backed out... Not to wander off topic but do you think IB was worth doing?
Oooh. Interesting question.

Yeah, the month of May in the my grade 12 year was basically solely IB exams. You had two or three exams for each of the seven subjects, each worth 30 or 40%, so those couple weeks of exams determined basically your entire mark. That's all we did. Show up. Write Exam. Lunch. Write Exam. Go Home. Repeat.

For me, it was worth it. Why? In my huge high school, I took my whole our years with the same 30 people, and thus we got really close. I think I got more solid friendships out of high school than most people. The teachers were totally awesome and wonderful and dedicated. And it got me some university scholarships.

In terms of like...being more prepared for university, I don't think it helps. Nor does it make you a more well rounded person. It just makes you totally stress out about everything because everything is THE BIGGEST PAPER OF YOUR LIFE in the IB programme.

A lot of people don't like it, because they think it's too much work. It is too much work. But for me at least, the pros outweighed the cons. It's not like that for everyone though, it's really where you see yourself going for whether or not it could be helpful.

Okay, lets wander back on topic now!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I took like almost all AP classes... it was awesome, though everyone hated me, because my best friend and I were in the same classes, lol.

The two tests I took in 12th grade were AP psychology (5) and AP British Lit (4 --timed writings are my weak point :(, but I definitely started to improve that year on that).

That summer was cool though, because I knew I'd done well and really wanted to see my results! They got me out of Comp I, Comp II, and psychology (a basic).

I miss AP! I should have taken the AP stat test, just because.

Oh, and I got a 2 on both exams the previous year. I totally blew those classes off though... not sure why I took the tests, but at least I got a feel for the exams.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I took AP Psych in high school and loved it. Got a 5. I also took AP English Lit but never finished the class. I got too anxious with agoraphobia.
Yeah, with AP Lit, I had sooo much anxiety in the class (not sure if your agoraphobia was related to the class). I did soooo poorly on class discussions. I probably had the highest avg with the essays and other class work, but that alone brought my grade to a C (from a high A)! I still loved it though, because I loved the work and had an amazing teacher, and kind of admire the "no mercy" atmosphere. I just loved the challenge.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Last year I took AP Psych and got a five on the exam, I'm pretty proud of that because everyone thought I was the not-so-intelligent kid that just sat in the class and never did anything and I ended up scoring higher than everyone in the school. I had one of the lowest grades in that class because the teacher required us to do presentations for every chapter we covered (and we all all know I passed on that lol). I took AP Eng lit, Macroecononics, Enivronmental Science, and Government this year. I feel like I pulled at least a 3 in all of them except for Environmental Science.

Haha I also had/have terrible anxiety in Eng Lit due to the dreaded class discussion and peer reviews of all the essays we write. I tend to blow off everything that requires my work being subject to class discussion/judgment. I still manage to make good grades in all my classes though because I ace everything else.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I passed AP Calculus BC and AP Spanish, which basically gave me a whole semester's worth of college credit. My teacher pushed me to take AP English Lit but I said I had too much on my plate already, but thinking back, I probably could have handled it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts