Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have studied nursing and worked as a nurse even though I have found it difficult and had many negative comments about my performance which has been affected by social anxiety. At first I was determined to not let my social anxiety stop me from doing a career that I really wanted to do, but every time I get negative feedback related to my interaction and relationship with patients and other staff, it ruins my confidence and it has gotten to the stage where I have given up and think that I am just not suited to nursing as a career.

I am currently unemployed as I quit after my most recent hospitilisation (for depression) and I have thought about doing other types of jobs but i cannot think of anything else to do and feel like i will never be satisfied with my career unless I am nursing.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had problems working as a nurse because of their social anxiety, if they have continued nursing or if they have found another career more suited to someone with social anxiety that they still really enjoy?

·
Single
347 Posts
I am not a nurse, but I work in the hospital with nurses. A lot of nurses in my department are retired nurses or disabled (can't stand or walk for long periods). Even though they aren't working in patient care, they use their experience to do office work like reviewing patient records and seeing if we're meeting hospital standards. It seems to be very rewarding and an important aspect of what goes on behind the scenes. With a nursing lisence, you can pretty much do anything you like in that field. Good luck to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts