Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here used eharmony.com ? Am I really going to have to fork over some money if I want to communicate with my matches who have put down that they want to communicate with me?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I guess I do consider myself lucky then. I did get matched with a dozen or so, and two 19 year old girls sort of started the next phase of communicating with me. The weird thing about that is these girls are 19 and I'm essentially 23 (although I'm probably like 14 in social years).

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
well I TRIED but they told me I had no matches, so screw eharmony :p
I never liked that particular quality of eharmony. Their commercials are all lovey dovey with happy couples hugging and kissing w/ nice music. In reality, though, they are a perfect example of how cold the dating world can be :lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have thought about it, the first two times (masochistic here) I didn't meet their criteria, I took the test (healing) and I have matches, that's kinda scary;-)

Anyway, my ex met his wife on e-harmony, they now have a baby. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm not, really, I'm not:no:b

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I've had my say about eharmony plenty of times. They are very picky about who they'll let join. I've only heard a few people say they got accepted and haven't really talked to any of them. Eharmony pretty much only takes people who they can match to the majority out there and want a permanent relationship. That's how they can boast such a high match rate. Personally I much prefer okcupid and have had plenty of success there. I've met several people, dated a couple, and am currently living with a guy I met off okcupid. Plentyoffish.com kind of works. I met a few people, talked to a few on the phone, but there were far too many creepy guys, 40+ year old stalkers going after girls in their late teens to early 20s, and guys just looking for one night stands. None that I talked to were anyone I'd want to date.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I tried it. It was a complete waste of time and money. It's expensive too and you have to change your settings or they keep charging you after your subscription expires. Those commercials make it look so easy. What a load of ****. I'm not datable though so I probably shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Not a chance that eharmony could find anybody who matchs me. I'd be tossed in their reject pile. They reject people who are a hundred times closer to "normal" than I am.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have matches, but the problem is a couple of them have requested that I put up a picture. The problem is I know someone who has several good pictures of me, but I'm too afraid to ask to see if I could use one of those (anxiety anyone?)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have matches, but the problem is a couple of them have requested that I put up a picture. The problem is I know someone who has several good pictures of me, but I'm too afraid to ask to see if I could use one of those (anxiety anyone?)
They're pictures of YOU. You have a right to request copies, dammit! :mum

Good luck with that. Photos are essential since one of the first things people do when it comes to dating, whether you like it or not, is determine whether they personally find you attractive. They don't want to waste time going on a date and spending time and money on someone they have no physical chemistry with.

·
Banned
837 Posts
I've been registered on a dating website only once back in like 99, when I was still in high school. I think it was called, American Singles, or something like that. 2 months later I deleted my profile after failing to get a response from anyone I've e-mailed. Also I think male to female ratio on there was like 4:1. I remember my sister registered on there as well, and she got like 500 messages in her inbox in just a few hours :lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
I tried it a few years ago, it's expensive. Most of the matches I had were not who they said they were (anyone can lie just to meet someone). I' m sure there are success stories, I don't hear them that often.

shy

·
wtf
419 Posts
I got rejected from eharmony. I thought it was freaking hilarious. Of course, I had a good excuse for being rejected. The day I took their survey, I was REALLY depressed and angry and had terribly low self-esteem. So when they asked me to rate my personality, intelligence, skills, etc. I put none or almost none for everything, hahaha.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me as a few others in this post, no matches. Not really a surprise though considering our.....unique mental chemistry :)
I like to think that at least trying is better than wallowing in my own self pity :p

1 - 20 of 46 Posts