Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying Fish Oil with a high EPA, and I was just wondering if anyone had had any luck with it, because I have to take it for a few months before it starts working, and it tastes horrible. lol Anyone had any luck?

-Emj

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's for my anxiety and depression. It's supposed to help your brain function better. My mom thought it would be good for me to try.

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
Don't get sucked into this garbage.... it's a healthy fat not a miracle.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I was taking GNC Fish Oil gel caps but right now I'm trying out Nature Made Triple Omega gel caps. I don't know if it's doing anything but then I have troubles sleeping which makes it harder to tell.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I got this big generic kirkland-brand Omega 3 with fish oil from costco...I think it's helping a little bit but it's hard to tell...if anything I guess it'll improve my health...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I take fish oil daily for its other benefits besides anxiety relief and from an anxiety standpoint it seems to do nothing for me.

I'd suggest getting capsules and taking it before a meal so that you dont have to deal with the taste. If its unbearable you can get flaxseed oil instead which has kind of a nutty taste. It (supposedly) isn't as great as fish oil but it's still omega 3.

Unfortunately with all supplements, just because it may help with something doesn't mean it will.

·
beech plees
1,290 Posts
I've had pretty good results with taking supps + better diet over the past year, fish oil included, but as the above posters have said it's tough to attribute it to just that one supplement. If anything it may have helped improve my mood, but not SA.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I've been taking 3 capsules a day for over 3 months. Fine if you're looking to control triglyceride levels (a concern of old guys like me), but sure doesn't do anything for mental health.

Taking fish oil for SA would be like taking Xanax to reduce cholesterol.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
and it tastes horrible.
Taste? I assume you're taking it in the very common gel cap form? If so, they should have no taste if you consume it with a meal or at least a full glass of some liquid.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I think the effects are pretty subtle, if they're there at all. But it's also supposed to be good for your heart, so I keep taking it.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I take DHA, but irregularly and not specifically for anxiety and depression. I can't say if it makes a difference.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I noticed that I feel a little more alert and coherent when I eat fish. Herring, especially. It's not a major difference but every little bit helps if you're willing to settle for a subtle effect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts