Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am, etc.
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of traveling to Japan in the fall—I have always been interested in visiting and I'm getting the itch to travel. Has anyone traveled there? Any recommendations on things to do?

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I'm thinking of traveling to Japan in the fall-I have always been interested in visiting and I'm getting the itch to travel. Has anyone traveled there? Any recommendations on things to do?
Well, I've lived in Japan for a couple of years now, and Japan really is an interesting place to see. But arrange your travel plans on the stuff you want to do. Japan has pretty much every activity you could imagine available to you, from skiing, to surfing, to F1 races, Sumo tournaments, hiking, meditation, right up to taking steam baths with monkeys.

Personally, what I love most is shopping. Japan has incredible shopping. It's a lot like New York in its variety but much fancier, more modern, nicer people, and all around more enjoyable. I also like the high-tech rollercoasters near Mt. Fuji.

·
I am, etc.
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like there's plenty to keep one busy. I'm probably most interested in architecture/art, going to some temples, hiking, interesting food, and definitely some Tokyo shopping.

Is fall a good time weather wise?

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Sounds like there's plenty to keep one busy. I'm probably most interested in architecture/art, going to some temples, hiking, interesting food, and definitely some Tokyo shopping.

Is fall a good time weather wise?
It's actually the best time. because summer gets seriously hot and muggy. from late september to early november the weather is just right, that you actually enjoy walking around. In the summer, you're already perspiring before you even lock your front door.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I could've lived there for a couple years about five years ago. I'm still kicking myself for not going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts